Is anyone still riding on frozen sandschool????

LadyRascasse

Visit site
christ no!!!! if it was complete level before it froze i would consider walking them on it to stretch there legs but no way would i trot let alone canter.

vetmedbabe

Visit site
god no!!! just walking in hand maybe for a change of scenery
wink.gif
but that would be it! some people eh
confused.gif

e21631

Visit site
Teenage girl tonight on her loaned horse trotting/cantering circles this evening on unlevel rock solid frozen school........

She has a 'horsey' mum who didn't ride her horse, company car mentality perhaps?

I can't imagine anyone thinks it's actually ok??/

wonkey_donkey

Visit site
No. I won't risk it on the roads or the verges either. Just letting mine bog around in their paddocks and will start work again when it thaws (whenever that will be)
crazy.gif

Snowysadude

Visit site
No but unfortunatley on yard at home (home not uni) people all were inc. a horse with arthritis so bad the vet reccomended never to ride him again
frown.gif
(old loan horse - i am mad at the owners for getting another sharer for him! Met the sharer though the other day for the first time and reliably informed her that he was advised never to be ridden again.... i dont care if you think i am a bi**h or sh**stirring, at the end of the day the owners were not there when the vet came out, nor did they see the x-rays (i did) and the health of the horse comes first IMHO! Im not normally like that btw, just when it comes to horses
wink.gif
! And everyone was walk, trotting and cantering on a hard and unlevel surface
frown.gif

Snowysadude

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Teenage girl tonight on her loaned horse trotting/cantering circles this evening on unlevel rock solid frozen school........

She has a 'horsey' mum who didn't ride her horse, company car mentality perhaps?

I can't imagine anyone thinks it's actually ok??/

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the owner know she does things like the??
crazy.gif

Nailed

Visit site
Not unless I like my horse with a bust leg.

Have to agree with snowy.. does the owner know.. cause if that was my horse, the girl wouldnt be loaning it much longer.

Lou x

ecrozier

Visit site
No chance. We are turning out for the sanity of the horses/safety of all the owners but no chance I would ride on our school!

miss_c

Visit site
No, I've been usimg the indoor for the past few weeks and we're both going a bit stir crazy. One lady lunged on the outdoor at the weekend, madness as it's like concrete!

TicTac

Visit site
And another No! Why can't people just be patient? Ok so the weather is cr@p at the moment but in a couple of weeks we will all be moaning about the rain no doubt. Why risk damaging your horse and then not having a sound horse to ride all through the summer etc. It really makes me cross to see people being so selfish and inconsiderate to their horses.

rachyhorsiehib

Visit site
NOPE! These people doing it clearly don't understand the consequences or are t**ts. There is a reason we don't work on concrete, especially unlevel concrete!