Is bay colouring boring?

Who are you likin ................

• Total voters

cp1980

Visit site
I know a good horse is never a bad colour, but if you really could aford to chose the colour of your (ideal) horse would it be bay? Or would prefer something less "common"

Personally, I wish there were more solid black horses.

amzy

Visit site
I wouldn't choose a bay personally as I like more unusual colours. Dapple greys or Iron greys are my favourite.

RunToEarth

Visit site
I think bay is a very common colour, but I find bay horses stunning. I dont think colour has ever bothered me, I never liked coloureds but now I have one, a good horse can never be a bad colour, IMO. For me it is about how well the horse does its job, and about type, I like sports type horses and WBs. So for me bay isnt "boring". Dont really like cream/pallys, I had one and she was a mucky bugger! x

Ginn

Visit site
Bay is classic, not boring. You can't beat a beautiful bay!
tongue.gif

Bess

Visit site
Me too, although I wouldn't exclude a horse for its colour I especially like greys and luckily enough, have one.

maddielove

Visit site
theres nothing wrong with bays..some are truely stunning!

but i prefer more unusual/mixed colours, like coloureds and roans
can't bea a nice palomino[okay..i'm bias...]

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
As said previously, I wouldn't really exclude a horse due to colour however I am not a great fan of cremello. My favorite is bright bay because it's a classic colour & the stable stains don't show out like on greys, coloureds, cremello etc. People with greys on our yard seem to be forever bathing to get rid of stains before a show. Granted they look stunning when turned out but OMG the work each time.
ooo.gif
smile.gif

4whitesocks

Visit site
NOt a big fan of chestnuts or greys (cleaning issues with one and bad memories with the other!)

Mind you my last YO has a stunning rose grey ISH....he's is just beautiful and such an unusual colour

Tia

Visit site
Bay is one of my favourite horse colours. The reason I love them so much is that you can clearly see their conformation without mottled colours getting in the way. I also adore chestnuts and definitely have always had a passion for greys.

Visit site
no I don't think bays are a boring colour because you can get many different shades of bay and they always look so shiny!
grin.gif

I can't choose which colour of a horse I like best as it really doesn't matter about colour (it's like being horse racist!)
shocked.gif

Another colour I like which isn't on your list is Appaloosa because that's what my boy is. But overall, I will like a horse whatever it's colour. x

Clodagh

Visit site
I've always loved greys, but so many people ask 'How do you cope with the cleaning' that I am surprised to see so many people on here agreeing with me!

I have decided from now on I am only going to have grey mares, I love them!

kerrylou123

Visit site
i always said id not have a bay, because i thought they were boring, but i ended up with one, but i might be biased, but i think hes stunning. Just enough white markiing to break up the boring bay bits. I have 2 jet black horses, one of which i very boring to look at as she has no white markings at all. Id love to breed a coloured out of her, but im still looking for a suitable hubby for her.

Vey

Visit site
I honestly would never consider the colour in chosing a horse for myself. I would consider gender as I prefer mares - though currently I just have geldings! but colour, no. Having said that, I have a Haffie, and I do love his colouring. But it does not matter in any real way!

moodymare1987

Visit site
im not biased, i always said i wanted a black horse but i ended up with a skewbald for my first pony, and i never regretted one minute of it, she was such a fantsatic pony to own, its about the horse not the colour.

it got to me a bit when i was looking for a new horse as people was always asking what age height colour etc do you want. i told them height and age guidelines but never said a colour as good horses come in all sorts of colours. i did end up with a dark bay but i wouldnt have dismissed a grey or another colour.

druid

Visit site
No! I have a stunning bay
grin.gif
However, I have a weakness for greys (which is linked heavily to my weakness for ISH and connemaras!)

Malibu

Visit site
i am not too keen on certain dull bays, i think if they are gleaming and shiny then they look stunning, i have a grey who is pure pure white and a palomino and a dark bay, i also like cremello! og and black!

merlins-mum

community.webshots.com
Bays are beautiful - they have different shading on different bits of them, and they are so SHINY in the summer.

AND the dirt doesn't show!
Personally, I wouldn't have a coloured horse - I've never liked the patchwork look. (sorry)

Blizzard

Visit site
I love unusual colours, and black horses, hence why I have a dun and a black!

I do find he typical TB bay boring, but there are some lovely bright bays around, with lovely socks and facial markings.

I always prefer something a bit different though,

rcm_73

Visit site
I don't think bays are boring as they come in so many different shades, a bright bay is stunning. My mare is dappled bay this time of year, dark in the winter, brighter in the summer and always has a great shine with minimal grooming!
Other colours I would choose would be a dappled grey or a nicely marked coloured.
I have a particular aversion to bright chestnuts (for my own reasons!)
laugh.gif