Is bay colouring boring?

Who are you likin ................

• Total voters

S_N

Visit site
I love Bays, they burnish up so well! I like Greys, but would never own one - too much maintenance and the risk of melanomas.....

Rachel_M

Visit site
I am not againts bays, you can come across stunning examples, but I prefer something different.

Spotted, Tri-coloured or just a different shade of an olde' favourite.

Sugarplum Furry

Visit site
Not boring at all.

But I must tell you this. I was talking to a neighbour recently, who I thought was quite knowledgebly horsy. Her sister has just taken a horse on loan, so I was asking about it. She reliably informed that it's a bay mare, and then she said 'well it would be bay wouldn't it, as only mares are bay, you don't get bay geldings do you'? While I was still reeling from this revelation (and trying not to laugh out loud), she went on to tell me that it's quite a big mare....'oooh, about 14.6, maybe even 14.8.'

Amazing. Learn something every day......!!!

S_N

Visit site
LOL - I love duns and blacks, but that is as far as I will comment.

Though I would neverturn a horse away due to colour - except greys, too much hard work and worry about growths!

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
When I post pics of my new horse that arrived today, you will all realise that bay definetly isnt boring!
Lovely bright bay, almost liver chestnut, with 2 stockings in front, then jet black knees. Small sock on one of the hinds - he is beautiful.
Liver chestnut would be my colour of preference - they are always so shiny.

dwi

Visit site
I love my coloured, she blows me away to look at when she's loose in the field but occassionally when I fancy nipping down a path that isn't legally a bridlepath I wish she was bay because then no-one would know it was me. My friend and I hack out together on a pair of coloureds and we daren't explore through the forest off the legal path.

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Personally, I wish there were more solid black horses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't agree more
wink.gif

I prefer dark coloured horses so black and dark bay, but I do like chestnuts if they have quite a bit of white on them and a flaxen mane and tail. Also like dapple greys but probably wouldn't buy one out of choice as they end up white usually. I have had a bright bay, 2 dark bays, a chestnut and a black now and I have to admit that Spring (the black one) has had the nicest shiniest coat and looks the most flashy when tarted up!
grin.gif

Fiona

Visit site
I have two bays (one v bright blood bay and one slightly darker but with dapples) so can't really say they are boring, not v fond of dark bay though.
Our mare was dapple grey with blaze and white socks, but at 8 she has become white, and in my opinion more boring. I loved her markings before.

Fiona