Is everyone in Wales OK?

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
Soggy, floods all round in West Wales, was out up the lane trying to unblock the drains as so much water and nowhere for it to go, nearly breached our step up on to drive and then it would have flooded our bungalow, knackered now. We've had a large bucket standing outside filled up with rain water in 24 hours, that's a hell of a lot of water to fall.

elliejhb

Visit site
Has anyone seen the video on Facebook of the 2 horses rescued from a flooded field?
Apparently the water was rising you could see it whilst you were watching.

Archangel

Visit site
We are flooded and cut off by fallen trees and mudslides at the moment but we are high up and it is surprisingly warm. I was in Carmarthen on Friday and the Rivers Towy and Cothi looked very dangerous so stocked up just in case. Didn't realise it would be quite this bad though. Hens are in the house because their run is flooded, horses are fed up but noshing on haylage.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
What horrendous conditions. How brave are these men who went into the water to rescue these horses, that was life or death for all.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

All thoughts with everyone who's been affected by the floods. Glad oz and Archangel have reported in ok, waiting for our other Wales residing HHOers to follow suit.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
We batterned down the hatches for 48 hours, but came out unscathed. Our stream is in full flow but thankfully did not flood.

We did have to nip out ocassionly to clear debris from drains, but apart from that and the odd branch, all is ok here.

It was so good to be able to actually go outside safely late afternoon and finally walk the dog!

Some of the flooding has been quite bad. As Oz alluded to Newcastle Emlyn flooded. But also there was much worse in Llechryd - the bridge was totally submerged, with significant flooding on the road and adjacent farmland. Cenarth was also pretty bad.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I think it was worse than predicted. The area that we are in had a yellow warning (rather than the higher Amber). But it should have been Amber imo. The amount of rain that fell in such a short period was significant, as well as the high winds. There were a lot of last minute and heroic large animal rescues and extractions to higher ground.

cremedemonthe

Visit site
Here: Newcastle Emlyn, few miles from me and main town here for us, the bridge at the bottom of the hill
Newcastle%20Emlyn_zpsp6y3sgen.jpg
[/URL]

Here is the Riverside Cafe where Mum and I go for meals sometimes
riverswide%20cafe%20front_zpsnvehdjv9.jpg
[/URL]

And at the rear of the cafe
riverside%20cafe%20rear_zpss8yem2k8.jpg
[/URL]

Here is Llechryd was driving over this bridge not long ago

Llecryd_zpsglsmzur6.jpg
[/URL]

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Very brave of those men to rescue the ponies and I hope all our HHO'ers are safe and well. I also hope the government declares an emergency quickly to help out those without accommodation, power and water. Oz stay safe down by your river.

Finlib

Visit site
We are Pembrokeshire between Newcastle Ellyn and Cardigan but very high up horrendous rain but mostly rushed past us we are 600 ft above sea level! But the wind was dreadful..No damage thank goodness.So glad we had our roof and flashing replaced in the spring.Seems very quiet this morning without the heavy rain as wind.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
What horrendous conditions. How brave are these men who went into the water to rescue these horses, that was life or death for all.

All thoughts with everyone who's been affected by the floods. Glad oz and Archangel have reported in ok, waiting for our other Wales residing HHOers to follow suit.

Blinking heck. Well done all!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
We are Pembrokeshire between Newcastle Ellyn and Cardigan but very high up horrendous rain but mostly rushed past us we are 600 ft above sea level! But the wind was dreadful..No damage thank goodness.So glad we had our roof and flashing replaced in the spring.Seems very quiet this morning without the heavy rain as wind.

My mum is quite high up she lives in Brygwyn but her nearest town is Newcastle Emlyn, I will call her today to make sure she is ok.

Carrottom

Visit site
Definitely the calm after the storm this morning. The horses seem a bit tired so I've bought them in for a rest. Lots of horrid midges.
Surface water and debris all over the roads but no reports of flooding nearby.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Actually, the more I read about local flooding the more I realise how wrong the met office got it for our area.

Shocking

cremedemonthe

Visit site
Just been down to Emlyn, castle path round the base is flooded, the river now goes right across and no grass or path left. I have also heard more about the poor sod who died due to the landslide. The traffic was backed up due to the trees down across the road.The one who died was I believe a young man (21) in a bus coming home from work in Carmarthen.The bus had stopped in the queue, trees and landslide took the bus over, rolled it down the bank and into the very very swollen river, he died and they still haven't found the driver. Heart goes out to their families, must be going through hell.
For anyone who is familiar with Emlyn and the castle here, this path normally goes round and on to a little park full of seats and tables for picnickers. Here's where the path now ends
Castle%207_zpsgcytefd9.jpg
[/URL]

and those bushes in front in the water on the right is where the seat is I normallly sit on
Castlec7_zpsxjuuf0z9.jpg
[/URL]

Down the bottom of Bridge Street in Emlyn the bridge still looks like this and is closed off, police on duty have closed the bridge but did let me go forward to take the photo
Locals who have been here 47 years or more have never seen it so bad

Emlyn%202_zpsibas3jhl.jpg
[/URL]

Our little stream in the woods is normally like this
upstream_zpshd9f0q1k.jpg
[/URL]

now looks like this
our%20river%205_zps2pgfgcns.jpg
[/URL]

cremedemonthe

Visit site
Not sure if these will come out on here but here is the vid of the back of the castle from stills in pics above and the bridge at Emlyn this morning

cremedemonthe

Visit site
Just to add, the young man who died had got off the bus apparently and I presume was swept down the bank by the landslide and it was a lorry that went down the bank not the bus, only getting sketchy snippets through. The driver was saved by the husband of a lady who works with my girlfriend in Emlyn care home, well done to him.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Just to add, the young man who died had got off the bus apparently and I presume was swept down the bank by the landslide and it was a lorry that went down the bank not the bus, only getting sketchy snippets through. The driver was saved by the husband of a lady who works with my girlfriend in Emlyn care home, well done to him.

That's so sad my thoughts are for his poor family:(