Is it me or is Le Trec just weird???

dexterpat

Visit site
Well me and Feebee who turned 4 a month ago played at le trec today - in a pairs team with lovely 12 yo aimee and 6 yo moondust!!

I've never done it before but as i have a baby feebee she goes in the box if there is a space and Aimee needed a le trec partner!!!

Orienteering - we got lost
blush.gif
!!! both of us had trouble with our left and right and the directions were really bad e.g.

Turn left up the road under the bridge - i was looking for a left turn futher up the road we were on under a bridsge - obviously it meant turn left, up the road then under the bridge!!
blush.gif

somehow we got home in the vauge ish right direction!!

- control of paces Feebee walks fast so no problem , then did a very sedate anter back (For a recent ex-racer!!)

Then handy pony (i'm sure it had a name but you get the gyst!!)

Feebee reined back(Ish) walked down a drain pipe track, stood in a ring of flowers (Wierd) and ate grass for 10 secs ! I got on with a mounting block opened and shut a gate walked in a circle, picked up ball of cones and put them in nets and posted letters!!

Feeb did have a special - clearly that is a horse eating piece of tarpaulin- moment before walking over ther green tarpaulin!!

So overall a great day feeb was fab gallopped a bit with a friend etc, Aimee had a great day on moonie, but do people do le trec?

I.e. are there people who when asked what do you do with your horse? answer le trec?

It was REALLY wierd sorry if i missed the point it was fun but WIERD

Any similar experiances?

Tea and a ring of flowers to sit in if yopu got this far!!!

_April_

Visit site
LOL your post has made me giggle. I have visions of you and your friend wandering around the comp in a bemused fashion!

I have done Trec twice on my old horse and I actually really enjoyed it
smile.gif

Your orienteering part sounds a bit wrong - weren't you given maps with a route marked on it? And each stage of your route is given a speed you need to make it in?

Also your obstacles bit seems to includes things that aren't actually part of official Trec - like posting letters, nets etc.

Maybe someone with more knowledge will correct me but it doesn't sound like you were doing pure Trec to me...

If you enjoyed it you should go in for a harder competition as I think the real competitions are a bit more tricksy
grin.gif

clipclop

Visit site
It is a funny ol sport. I think we find it wierd because it is so new to us over here.

I mean, can you imagine if Trec was our old sport and then "Horse Trials" came here? You would be going "Well, we did this wierd kind of pointless circle kind of exercise where you were marked like an Iceskater,,then we had to go and do a round of show jumps and then we had to more more jumping over a marked out course around a few fields? Hardly difficult, whats the point in that"??!!
LOL.
If you watch someone do Trec well it is really quite impressive. I think us brits have a problem getting our heads around it. We aren't particularly good with new and different in the horse world.
cool.gif

I must admit posting a letter etc sounds a bit different but hey, why the hell not?
I have ridden in one Trec and I laughed most of the way. Tis a hoot.
grin.gif
I just don't enjoy long rides. An hour is long enough for me.
grin.gif

Morland

Visit site
Trec is brilliant! All the people are so helpful and friendly, adults can ride ponies and children can ride horses if they want. Everyone is good at some part of it, it's great for educating young horses (and riders) and keeping old horses (and riders) interested and busy. All 3 parts (CoP, POR and PTV) demand good understanding between horse and rider, and the partnership need to be true 'all rounders' to do well. I did it for 2 years on my old arab, and can't wait to get back to it with my new cob cross.
Give it another go and have fun!

wipeout

Visit site
I am doing my first one on June 7th and apart from having some issues with the fact that I have to ride in a bridle AND a headcollar (seriously, how tragic?)!!!! I am really looking forward to it.