Is it possible to find a loaner/sharer for....

Charla

Visit site
I have a horse and 2 ponies. There's only one of me and I also get rather lonely down our very quiet and small livery yard.
I'm thinking of looking for someone to loan/share one of the ponies so I have some company and also one of the ponies gets more attention and fuss.

The problem is the pony I will be offering is rising 3 in the spring so not broken to ride yet. Will be lightly broken this summer. He's very good to handle in all ways and gentle and affectionate. Is it possible to find someone to just come and give him cuddles and fuss and play with him with the view to riding him a bit come summer?

My other 2 are out of the question for loaning. My warmblood is very sharp and also only just coming in to work this year. And the other pony is only rising 2 so no riding there either.

Because the pony is only 13hh it really needs to be a young teenager/child/tiny tiny adult. I just think children and teenagers are probably only interested in the riding part!

There are no jobs involved either! And I'm not particularly interested in money. Just company and the love for my little boy.

Dobby

Visit site
While it doesn't sound the most tempting of offers for most teenagers, it would be good for someone to get experience of handling and backing youngsters. Perhaps write the ad so it sounds like that - for anyone wanting to get some experience of youngsters and breaking?

Spotsrock

Visit site
Maybe a lady with kiddies might like to come and groom him in the daytime, someone who used to be horsey, with a veiw to her kids maybe having leadrein pony in the school holidays, would he be quiet enough do you think?

I think you'd struggle to part loan an unbroken horse. If you can wait til he's backed you'd be more likely to find someone you can get along and have a laugh with for company as you'll be able to ride together and more likely to be of similar interests ie riding.

Personally I'd be wary of an advert for a horse being backed as I would assume (correctly or not) that the person wanted me to back their pony and school it then they will take it back. Once he's ride-able you may have more luck.

betti

Visit site
im in the same situ,ive got a beautiful,well mannered youngster who ive just started breaking,hes approx 15.1hh now i would love it if i could find someone to part loan him as im a mum of 3 and my youngest being a year old. Like yourself the money isnt an issue,id just love someone to enjoy him like xx

MosMum

Visit site
This would be perfect for my two littles ones (assuming the 3 yr old is quiet and calm and good to do) if we didn't have some of our own. They both desperately need confidence in being AROUND horses, and are no-where near ready to consider riding.

Also perfect for my friends' 17 yr old son who is trying to get into vet school but needs some experience with livestock before applying.

At the end of the day it never hurts to ask!

Dottyfordylan

Visit site
I've seen a few ads on preloved from young teens just wanting to be around horses,fuss them and learn more about them so definitely worth looking on their website or putting up a wanted add