Is it possible to have a non-horsey Christmas Gift??

Squirily

Visit site
I stumbled across a Boots Gift card given to me as Christmas present by my mother in law last year yesterday, with strict instructions at the time to spend it on something nice for myself (I assumed some expensive exfoliator/moisuriser or perfume so I don't look and smell like a weathered swamp creature!). It came in quite handy today when I purchased some cold packs to use on my mare who has got a suspensory ligament injury. Mother in law would be mortified to find out i've managed to spend a seemingly innocent non-horse related gift on the horse!! :D

blitznbobs

Visit site
That’s is great - I am definitely projecting here but with my mother in law I’d do something like that just to p*ss her off

As for my Christmas presents my darling beloved husband is buying me a horse and a new back protector, and my
Mum is renewing my BD membership - why would I want none horsey present?

Annagain

Visit site
That’s is great - I am definitely projecting here but with my mother in law I’d do something like that just to p*ss her off

As for my Christmas presents my darling beloved husband is buying me a horse and a new back protector, and my
Mum is renewing my BD membership - why would I want none horsey present?

I deliberately leave the crap mine buys me in the packet in the spare room when she comes to say. ;) Even without that it's obvious I don't use pot pourri and scented candles but I keep getting the bloody things.

pansymouse

Visit site
I'm having a hell of a job persuading my extremely generous husband that spending £6 on my perfect welly socks (yes, such things exist in my world!) would be the best Christmas present I could receive this year. My old ones are disintegrating and my wellies which I wear everyday are too big without them. He'd much rather spend £500 on jewellery I'd wear a few times a year if that.

cindars

Visit site
I actually prefer to have non horse related presents ie.nice bath stuff,books and always get something in the jewellery line.Birthdays are another matter just had two riding coats and new wellies.

Hollychops

Visit site
I'm having a hell of a job persuading my extremely generous husband that spending £6 on my perfect welly socks (yes, such things exist in my world!) would be the best Christmas present I could receive this year. My old ones are disintegrating and my wellies which I wear everyday are too big without them. He'd much rather spend £500 on jewellery I'd wear a few times a year if that.

My hubby is the same. It has taken me the better part of 23 years of marriage to understand that i dont want expensive pressies, i like lots of little things as i like the opening bit and the excitement of seeing what is inside more than the actual present. i would be happy with 10 different coloured hoof picks wrapped up imaginatively!! the in laws have never understood this and still buy me sh*t i dont want or need, although the last couple of years they have given me money to buy something non-horsey with. Good job they never ask what i spend it on as the last lot went on rug repairs :)

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
All our money goes on keeping 3 horses, running the horsebox, affiliation fees & entry fees. We only go out for birthdays & anniversaries so why waste our time spending money of going our clothes etc? My wife & daughter are the riders, I do the filming, transport & various grooming duties throughout the week. I'm at the age where I don't really need or want anything, if I do I go out & buy it.

Bernster

Visit site
I went for some surprisingly girly gifts inc slippers, a handbag, make up stuff. It was like the Xmas list of a 12 yo! Not to worry, I soon added some horsey stuff and OH is getting me a new hat and boots (already wearing the boots!).

Steerpike

Visit site
I've made a list this year,the majority is horsey stuff but I have thrown in the odd non horse thing such as a builders radio for the yard which I don't count as horse stuff!! Husband normally refuses to buy horse stuff but I'm working on him that all I really want, need is horse stuff!

MagicMelon

Visit site
I never get anything horsey unless I beg for it! People always say they want to get ME something and NOT the horses, but I always love horsey things. One of the most useful gifts I was given was BS membership a couple of years ago from my father in law (who is a BS judge!). If people give me money, I always always spend it on the horses somehow.

Fiona

Visit site
I've already given my hubby my Christmas list, and everything apart from a large China mug (for evening tea) is horsey.

Even my SIL who dislikes horses buys me an Amazon voucher so I can get what I like for the animals or breeches for myself. Occasionally an IKEA voucher instead, I don't mind that :)

Fiona

Bays&Greys

Visit site
Ingenious gift card use ;)

I've given my OH a Christmas list and bar a purse and perfume, the rest of the list is horse related. He finds the request for a mucking out fork, seat saver and riding socks a little, well, odd!

mums the groom

Visit site
My Christmas pressie for the last few years has been a pallet of wood pellets (best pressie ever). although I'm hoping for a trailer this Christmas, he changed his car this year and bought a 4X4 so we could tow a trailer so here's hoping. By the way what is a non horsey present? been married for 25 years and only had a few non horsey pressie that he finds at the back of the cupboards months later than asks why I don't use/wear it …. cos it either not practical to wear (jewellery) or utterly useless (high heels). Bless him he used to try to surprise me now he knows its just easier to sort the horse out.:p