Is it possible to keep the inside of your car clean?!

Ellietotz

Visit site
I've almost given up keeping the outside clean now but there is so much mud and hay everywhere! Going to invest in a seat cover but is there anything for the footwell?

Overread

www.flickr.com
Get a cheap hoover at a market auction and stick it near to wherever you keep the car; then once a week just give it a once over. Shouldn't take long if you're just taking out the dry dirt to keep on top of it.

Otherwise just a normal foot mat in the footwells would suit; they won't catch everything but should get a good portion of it and you can just give them a quick shake out to get the worst out.

Pocketr@cket

Visit site
Rubber mats, change boots and put them into a cardboard box in the boot. Take off coat, shake the hay/straw off and put it in the boot. Or leave coat/boots at the yard. I have noticed kids make more mess than I do !

Sugar_and_Spice

Visit site
I've got rubber mats in the footwell, keep tack in the boot if I transport it so the hair stays out of the main part of the car, change boots before I get in the car which helps a lot. Keep those wipes in the glove box too, just ordinary Flash ones to give the dash a quick wipe over stop the dust getting thick.

Gazen

Visit site
I purposely bought a car with leather upholstery - wipe clean and the hairs don't stick to it!
Cat mats so that they can just be taken out and have the gravel and hay shaken off.
All tack in boot, but that generally doesn't get too dirty as the saddles have covers, the bridles are in bags as are the hats.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
My car makes me cry! It's so so bad. It's the newest and therefore was the smartest inside car I've ever had and it's ruined now.
It's also got weird carpet that just doesn't Hoover! And it's small and the end of my Hoover is too big to fit round the seats etc. I've given up but I'm gutted at having wrecked what was such a nice little car :(

ozpoz

Visit site
Its futile. : )

Throw in lots of cheap doormats to keep the seats clean and the floor ok, and take it for a valet when it starts to bother you.

Ellietotz

Visit site
My car makes me cry! It's so so bad. It's the newest and therefore was the smartest inside car I've ever had and it's ruined now.
It's also got weird carpet that just doesn't Hoover! And it's small and the end of my Hoover is too big to fit round the seats etc. I've given up but I'm gutted at having wrecked what was such a nice little car :(

This sounds like mine! Even the hoover doesn't work on the stupid carpets! May need a lint roller

HashRouge

Visit site
Well I know it's possible because I've seen other people's cars, but I can't seem to manage it :D. In my defence, trying to move electric fence posts in a tiny citroen C1 is not easy, so it's perfectly understandable that there are now mud smears on the ceiling...

soulfull

Visit site
Absolutely hopeless. Mine has nearly as much mud, hay as the yard. Boot has my mobility scooter and big first aid bag (work) back seat has seat and battery off said scooter and any number of coats, giblets, gloves etc squashed in between. Plus today's buys from YHL yep hopeless lol

MuddyMonster

Visit site
I just get mine valeted when I think it's particularly dirty!

I try to keep tack & yard/riding boots in the boot - but somehow everything ends up everywhere, including the dirt!

rextherobber

Visit site
Absolutely hopeless. Mine has nearly as much mud, hay as the yard. Boot has my mobility scooter and big first aid bag (work) back seat has seat and battery off said scooter and any number of coats, giblets, gloves etc squashed in between. Plus today's buys from YHL yep hopeless lol

Had to giggle at the giblets - sorry!

scats

Visit site
I don't drive in my yard boots so I swap into clean trainers and keep my yard boots in a box in the boot. I don't Hoover or clean my car nearly enough (maybe twice a year?) but it's stays quite tidy i side provided I change my boots. I also have a cover over my drivers seat.