Is it possible to school over the XC used for Stafford BE80T?

nphillips

New User
Visit site
Hello everyone. I am hoping to have a go at BE this year but after 8 years, two kids and with a new baby horse - going XC seems a lot more intimidating that it once did! I am aiming for Stafford BE80T as a first event and wondered if anyone knows if the course is ever open for schooling or clinics and how to book it? Apart from details of the two events themselves I can't find anything online. Any other tips for a newbie about what to expect and how to prepare would also be very welcome. We are hoping to do Solihull unaffiliated event as a warm up (17th June). I have planned a schedule of more local training days and clinics plus a couple of eventer trials / arena eventing competitions at local venues but am based in Nottinghamshire so not familiar with the Stafford venue.

Many thanks in advance for any help :)

Harry44

Visit site
No it's not open for schooling, the only time you can school round is after the event if you've volunteered. I haven't been for a while so not sure what the 80 is like, if you do a few unaffiliated events before that will be good prep. Good Luck

Charmin

Visit site
Not sure where you're based, but there's a lot of XC venues around that neck of the woods. The course pictures can be seen here: https://shoestringeventing.co.uk/Course_Pictures/Gallery/1754

It's a lovely first BE80, very inviting. However it is quite hilly so you'll need a fit horse. Everything on the course is replicated in most XC schooling venues so a clinic around one of them will help and be good prep.

Good luck!

Butterbean

Visit site
The 80 at Stafford is lovely, very inviting and straightforward, I did my first event there a few years ago. If you're on Facebook join the group twittereventing & there'll be lots of people who can give great advice about preparation and what to expect.
By the way, this is a longshot but does the name Brooklyn mean anything to you?