Is it possible ?

bonny

Visit site
Just after some opinions on what might be a numpty question about female dogs attracting males.....my dog is very interested in a local gsd who apparently has been spayed but still regularly gives off the scent of a bitch in heat. Is this possible ? My dog is entire and has never shown any interest in any other bitch but is very keen on his gsd friend. They see each other regularly and normally just run around with a ball together. The other owner is not impressed with my dogs attentions !

rara007

Visit site
My sisters mini schnauzer has a similar effect. Dogs really love him, like really love him. Only issue is he’s male neutered!

Umbongo

Visit site
There could be another dog in heat nearby (in the park or in your neighbourhood) that he cannot gain access to and is becoming frustrated, and forcing that sexual behaviour on this spayed female instead.
The bitch may still be coming in to season if some ovarian tissue was left (surely the owner would notice?).
Some dogs seem attracted to others for no explainable reason. My husbands poor old man dog (neutered) used to get humped by entire males quite a lot.

My dog was extremely dog aggressive (to dogs and bitches....including those in heat). But took a liking to one particular spayed female, trying to get on top of her for some reason.

meleeka

Visit site
My springer bitch was seemingly irresistible to most dogs. I’ve no idea why but my other bitch has never been fancied by any dogs ever.

Clodagh

Visit site
Just after some opinions on what might be a numpty question about female dogs attracting males.....my dog is very interested in a local gsd who apparently has been spayed but still regularly gives off the scent of a bitch in heat. Is this possible ? My dog is entire and has never shown any interest in any other bitch but is very keen on his gsd friend. They see each other regularly and normally just run around with a ball together. The other owner is not impressed with my dogs attentions !

So normally he is OK with her and just now he is trying to mount? What is she doing? Standing for him or telling him to sod off?

bonny

Visit site
So normally he is OK with her and just now he is trying to mount? What is she doing? Standing for him or telling him to sod off?
Thanks for all the replies and yes, normally he shows no interest in her but he’s very keen on her just now to the point where it’s hard to get him away and both of them are acting like she’s r

bonny

Visit site
Don’t know why I couldn’t write anymore but now it seems I can ! I was going to say both of them are acting like she’s in heat, he’s 3 and never shown any interest in any bitch before. Just seems odd behaviour and her owner insists she has been spayed.

ihatework

Visit site
I have an old castrated male lab and some good friends of mine have a female entire lab who for years they have tried for a litter. She just has no desire to mate with any dog - except my old boy who she has the complete horn for, despite his lack of ability to seal the deal 😂 Animal breeding can be bizarre at times

Blazingsaddles

Visit site
My spayed females didn’t attract male attention, generally. I can only assume she’s giving off some sort of ‘odour’.

bonny

Visit site
An update, I spoke to the owner of the gsd this morning and she’s going in to be spayed. It obviously went wrong the first time, hard to believe but she was in full blown heat so the vet is doing it again free of charge.

Clodagh

Visit site
An update, I spoke to the owner of the gsd this morning and she’s going in to be spayed. It obviously went wrong the first time, hard to believe but she was in full blown heat so the vet is doing it again free of charge.

That is so very odd! Surely if she had her uterus removed they check to make sure everything is intact? Bizarre!

bonny

Visit site
That is so very odd! Surely if she had her uterus removed they check to make sure everything is intact? Bizarre!
It was apparently done by a locum vet and the practice are accepting that it wasn’t done properly, they won’t know what was done or not until they operate which is in August