Is it springtime?

Lacuna

Visit site
With all the new grass we have had the footiness now we have the silliness. Blue cross captain is in the dog house today after getting over excited on the hack today and dunping me in the middle of a field (first time in years). Then pegging off in search of pastures.new.

That was the scariest part of watching him bog off only to be found two fields on stuffing his face with a broken rein.

All well and got home safely. However i have a sore shoulder where i landed

Potea

Visit site
Yes, the annual Autumn flush seems to be having a greater effect on my pony too!

Glad you are both ok after your fall :)

vmac66

Visit site
Ours seem to be super spooky. We had an unplanned canter up the road hacking today when freinds horse apooked at a noise. Hope you aren't too sore

Nudibranch

Visit site
It feels like the flush is worse than usual. Maybe it's catching up after being so parched for so long. The Fell has had to come in by day now as I have a suspicion she could go footy. And the Dales is hyper. She squashed me against a gatepost earlier, where the landowner helpfully uses a chain and nail to keep the gate shut. I now have a huge gouge across my belly - luckily it's only the top couple of layers of skin.

Shooting Star

Visit site
Ugh, yep I have a sugary grass fuelled nutter too, more footy than normal for the autumn flush, spooky and ridiculously hot to ride.

As lovely as it is to see everywhere greening up and as much as we need the growth to get a good covering for winter I won’t be sad when it calms down a bit!

Jo1987

Visit site
Yes mine has huge grass glands and is full of energy but too looky to actually go forward and use it! (He’s usually pretty bombproof) 😂 Going arena eventing tomorrow, should be interesting.

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Yes, grass is coming through and poos are getting sloppy. Mine are in during the day anyway but I am on laminitis watch with this new flush of grass. So far they have both been very good to ride but that's only because there's no clover about.

TeamChaser

Visit site
Good to know we're not alone. He acted like butter wouldnt melt all the way home.

Sounds like we had pretty much the same ride yesterday Lacuna!! Hugo was an absolute **** going out, including a fairly spectacular rear and launch off of hind legs, good as gold all the way home. Thankfully we didn't part company. Putting it down to sudden grass growth!

Hope you're not too sore today

JJS

Visit site
Mine are not spooky, just fat, sadly.

Mine too, Chinchilla. Mary was ever so slightly looky on our hack today, but no silliness at all - she was an absolute joy, TBH. Flower and the boys are being similarly delightful right now, but the girls could definitely do with dropping a few pounds. Have already reduced their grazing area, but they're still fatter than I'd like :(

DirectorFury

Visit site
Mine was a lunatic yesterday, I've been seriously considering sending her to a pro or just selling up ever since! Bucking and rearing when asked to do something she didn't want to - it's massively out of character for her (I will get a vet if it continues).
She was a nightmare to catch too.

SEL

Visit site
In a week of coming off what was practically a drylot onto a well grazed field I have found myself with one Appy who looks pregnant and a Draft who thinks he's Valegro. Made me glad he's only 14h 😊

Myloubylou

Visit site
Launched by my Welsh d at jumping clinic. Had been so good but spooked at sign on arena & bucked across the long side. Been years since fell off, hoping not going to be a feature of riding her!

Annagain

Visit site
No bad behaviour but M's sugar rash (he has a sugar allergy which causes a scabby rash on his back legs) is much worse now than it was during the spring. The only good thing about it is we know that has soon as it starts, we have to get the ponies off the grass so they're in during the day now and muzzled at night.

Fransurrey

Visit site
My poor SI mare has started self harming again, due to grass, even on very limited grazing. Other pony is footy on stones out hacking and has had a couple of sloppy poos. Behaviour ok so far, though!!

Denbob

Visit site
D is looky and rather more sensitive and easily offended than normal, fingers crossed that changes soon!

Ceriann

Visit site
I loved the extra energy my mare gave at my lesson yesterday - good grass and a week of no schooling and she was suitably freshened up. Lovely collected canters (well on one rein anyway!). We didn’t love how she reacted to the father/grandfather “how to ride a bike” coaching session in the park behind my instructors school though. No one shouts at my mare/princess so the extreme motivation technique being used by daddy/granddaddy had her wound up like a coil. We retired before a mishap!

turnbuckle

Visit site
Feels like it!

Had slightly hoped that mine was finally reaching the age of reason (at 11).

Greeted me at the gate this morning by merrily going straight up, and then back to his old tense self at school. Admittedly he did listen to me in a (not very) open field while his pal was practising flying changes et al around him but with little grace, shall we say!

And then a quiet trot back across said field was so boring he decided to brighten it with a few bucks. Not restful for a timid middle-aged gent.

Wicked wicked horse :)