Is it wrong to flirt with my farrier??

DragonSlayer

Visit site
My farrier flirted with me..... (Think its part of the job description) and we have been together for the last 9 months. But he was single to start off with.

If he was single, of course it's OK.

The question should be asked of you by the OP, how would YOU feel if you knew someone was making a play for him, even though the one targeting him knew he had a partner...?

In my husbands line of work, he meets allsorts of members of the public all day and everyday, and he tells me some real funny stories and yes, some women outwardly flirt with him, makes me smile....HOWEVER....if I knew a certain woman who is one of his clients was making an intense beeline for him knowing he was involved elsewhere....I'd probably start breathing fire.

PS - do your horses get shod for free?? :D

Bills

Visit site
Look but don't touch. A little flirting is fine IMO but certainly nothing more if he has a partner. Imagine how you would feel if it was the other way around.

malakai

Visit site
I've unknowingly been the 'other' woman, I was gone the minute I found out. I've also been the cheated on, it my case the 'other' woman was well aware I existed and that I had a toddler and a young baby. My OH's 'unhappiness'? dirty nappies and no sex on demand! Believe me if a woman knowingly cheats with someone she knows is in a relationship she 'is' a bitch and the hatred is well deserved!

Good for you on walking away :) Then your husband was the cheating barsteward, he made you promises of forever not the other woman and he was the one who lied to you. I never said she wasn't a bitch though :)

Tinseltoes

Visit site
My husband works with a LOT of women,no I don't like it but I have to put up with it. I am a VERY jealious person and goold help anyone who was making a play for my hubby.

Last edited:

malakai

Visit site
And just for the record I am neither a 'other woman' nor a 'flirter with farriers'

Even though my farrier is gorgeous haha

Dolcé

Visit site
He probably goes home to his partner and laughs at yet another desperate girl that is throwing herself at him

This, along with his other clients!! We have had many a laugh with our farriers in the past about how 'easy' and desperate so many horsey women seem to be and how many throw themselves at him. Flirting is one thing, believing it will go any further is another and I would suggest that the fact you KNOW he has a partner means he has no intentions. When our farrier first started coming to us, if my daughter was present, he got his girlfriend into the conversation so many times, she wasn't even flirting with him but she is friendly and funny as is he. He was making sure the picture was completely clear. If you want free farrier bills then take the shoes off and learn how to trim, don't mistake friendliness for anything other than just that. OH's son is best friends with a farrier, until he settled down with a girl he sha**ed anyone that offered it on a plate (and bragged to all his mates about it) but that is all it ever was and he is now completely faithful to his GF.

Salem666

New User
Visit site
I am 19. He is 29.

I have know him a few years now.

He say's he will leave her anyway, regardless of what happens. he just needs to sort out his living arrangements first.

I am the one that is saying no. He is doing the chasing.

Jazzy B

Visit site
do it, but trust me he'll do the same to you except he might leave you with a baby a spineless t*** like that never changes his spots! I feel sorry for his girlfriend she's better of without him.

Dolcé

Visit site
I am 19. He is 29.

He say's he will leave her anyway, regardless of what happens. he just needs to sort out his living arrangements first.

In that case you should let him leave her and then spend a few months on his own before you even think of getting with him - bet he doesn't make a few months alone though!!

Goldenstar

Visit site
I am 19. He is 29.

Oh love be careful it's no joke step back from him , things happen in life if he ends his relationship with his partner he can come and find you but step back dont get your fingers burnt.
And I have to say the leaving any way line is a very old one.

Salem666

New User
Visit site
Oh love be careful it's no joke step back from him , things happen in life if he ends his relationship with his partner he can come and find you but step back dont get your fingers burnt.
And I have to say the leaving any way line is a very old one.

I'm a bit worried he is getting at moving in with me..... (im in student accom anyway) i really really really do had a massive crush, but it's starting to feel awkward. the replies on here are all i needed to back up that i am right in feeling like that.

Goldenstar

Visit site
yes you are right that awkward feeling is your own alarm bell ringing don't ignore it never move in with a man you have not been in a proper relationship for a while.

I fear he's looking for someone to warm his bed cook his meals and wash his clothes etc etc until he moves on.
If in twenty years you are together with four children you might laugh at all the silly women on the forum who told you to be careful but if he's that one he won't mind one bit.

Last edited:

Parker79

Visit site
I think you should run a mile....if he is serious then he will wait....but I doubt he is, he should not be talking to you about leaving his girlfriend...would you want him to do that to you?

It is a cliche, I've had a few conversations with farriers about how they have women flirting all day long..its embarassing.

If you like him then explain that you want NO part in him splitting with his girlfriend, you offer NO guarantees that you will be there ready and waiting and that you do not want to be with him just after breaking up with someone else.

You wouldn't have posted this thread if you didn't already know this was wrong.

georgie0

Visit site
Let me put it this way. As a married woman I would say any woman who sets her cap at a man who is in a relationship with someone else intending to break that relationship up is a total bitch.

Clear enough for you?

Agree 100%. Leave well alone, it will cause nothing but pain.

FionaM12

Visit site
Hmm. Story's changed a bit as it goes along. First he just spends a bit longer when he shoes OP's horse, but nothing's happened.

Next post, she says he's chasing her. :rolleyes:

Third post, he's hinting at moving in......

All a bit unconvincing if you ask me.

Then's there's the OP's name... :eek::D

Echo Bravo

Visit site
He's your farrier so should be professional about it, nothing wrong in being friends,but if he already has a partner,well all I can say if she finds out,let the dogs from hell decsend on you, also go back on the STARZAN posts and she didn't have a happy ending either with her farrier.

Littlelegs

Visit site
I've had my farrier 8 yrs, & funnily enough years ago when I lived in a different area he was my then farriers apprentice. We've always been strictly friends & he frequently tells me about all the little tarts he gets into bed. Since getting a girlfriend a few years ago he's told me about all the dirty slappers that still try it on.

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Not a good idea.

BeachBreaker i know who you mean, he shoes my sisters horse and we have he is a lovely guy isnt he ;)

I dont get why people would want to mess up a good thing.

X

bluewhippet

Visit site
I have owned my horse for a year, am well into middle age, with two children and two marriages behind me, and I still didn't know that it was compulsory to flirt with your farrier and that all farriers are babes - there is such a lot to this horse ownership that I just haven't got a clue about.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I have owned my horse for a year, am well into middle age, with two children and two marriages behind me, and I still didn't know that it was compulsory to flirt with your farrier and that all farriers are babes - there is such a lot to this horse ownership that I just haven't got a clue about.

I dont think it's compulsory and not all farriers are babes but some are and flirting does fill in time may I add I am over fifty now and the apprentice who does my horses usually is young enough to be my son ( even grandson if you take Jeremy Kyle as your guide ) so we confine ourselves to nice chats about the horses soles and what he's doing at college.
But I did have my moments a long time ago.

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Im on my phone and it messed up my post.

If he leaves her change farriers if you want to go for it......or just change anyway as it's going to end in tears and your horse will be without a farrier.
Thats the way i look at it......yes i flirt with my sisters farrier but it's mutual and harmless fun as it is with my yummy vet :D who is happily married and adores his wife. We share the same sense of humor and get on well but i would never thing of anything further as i respect thdm both of them and myself too much and also the most important thing is that i trust them 100% with my horses.....why would i muck that up?

X