is ROG still about?? Can I tow a...

billylula

Visit site
single pony trailer with a Fiat Multipla (Sept 2003)??

We already have a Jeep Grand Cherokee which tows our 510 very well but we are about to get another pony (3 altogether) and having no luck finding a triple trailer. So I was thinking if I could tow with my multipla we could do it that way. Husband refusign to get a lorry as we have no room to park it!!

ThomasandTia

Visit site
Should be okay if you go for the lightest trailer you can I sold my friend my old bayhill he tows his section d and section a legally with a tdci mondeo ( weighed at the local vosa weigh bridge)

Cryan87

New User
Visit site
ROG: Can I ask (have replied in another thread but it's an old one) can I tow a single old style rice trailer with a Nissan tarrano on a normal license? (Not with added trailer +) thank you muchly.

ROG

Visit site
ROG: Can I ask (have replied in another thread but it's an old one) can I tow a single old style rice trailer with a Nissan tarrano on a normal license? (Not with added trailer +) thank you muchly.

Vehicle plated GVW (over 2500 kg) too heavy

ROG

Visit site
Cryan87 - where in the UK are you as in the other post you mention trailer lessons and I might be able to help for free with expenses covered if you are near me in Leicester

Cryan87

New User
Visit site
Unfortunately not I am Devon, so mikes away :( it's going to cost in excess of £900 for a few days training and my test (with trainers car and trailer) seems ridiculous. So my car is too heavy to be eligible for single trailer on normal license? Thank you.

ROG

Visit site
Unfortunately not I am Devon, so mikes away :( it's going to cost in excess of £900 for a few days training and my test (with trainers car and trailer) seems ridiculous. So my car is too heavy to be eligible for single trailer on normal license? Thank you.
Licencing rules go on plated weights not actual weights and you have a 3500 plated weight maximum
With the vehicle already using up over 2500 of your 3500 then that does not leave enough for any horse trailer - unless you only want to transport a minature !!

I would also like to know if your trailer has a weight plate on it and what it says for the maximum weight

This may help ....

SUPERVISING A B+E LEARNER
In April 2010 new rules were introduced for those supervising certain learner drivers but they only affected those supervising VOCATIONAL categories such as C1 C1+E D1 & D1+E where the supervising driver had those categories given to them for free when they passed a pre 1997 car test.
They do not affect those with a pre 1997 B+E licence who wish to supervise a B+E learner.

All B licence holders have B+E provisional on the paper part of their licence and can tow an empty or loaded trailer on all roads including motorways.

The usual rules apply when a learner is driving -
The supervising driver must be aged over 21
The supervising driver must have held a B+E licence for at least 3 years
L plates must be fitted to the front of the vehicle and the rear of the trailer
Correct insurance for a B+E learner
The supervising driver does not need to be insured unless they are driving

ROG

Visit site
PLEASE DIRECT ANY NEW QUERIES TO THE HHO TOWING CLINIC THREAD - LINK BELOW IN MY SIGNATURE

I have an Email alert set up for that thread