Is she really that bad?

bellaboo

Visit site
This is Bella my rising two year old filly. Mum was a Dutch warmblood with Ico Sun and Samber lines and daddy was a pure friesian competing at advanced/medium dressage.
I have asked a few people's opinion on her and most have just gone quiet and not really said alot, nothing good about her anyway, just that she is going to be big. The most recent opinion was today when i was told she is going to outgrow me and be to much of a horse for me to handle. She has the most amazing temperment and so far has taken everything in her stride and been very good to handle, i know this can all change as she grows older. I would love to do some showing with her if she is nice enough and eventually use her for dressage.
So be as honest as you like, is she really that bad? i won't take offence, just would like to know why she is always looked down upon? i am expecting her to make around 16-16.2hh and be a around a middle to heavyweight.
Yep she is covered in bite marks, companion horse thought she had been very naughty and needed putting in her place
blush.gif
summer last year
100_3912-1.jpg

And in all her winter woolies a couple od weeks ago
100_4521.jpg

photobucket2.jpg

vennessa

Visit site
That must be the worst horse i ever seen. No good to you at all. I will P.M. you my address to send her to me .......please, pretty, pretty please.
My golly gosh i love your horse. I smell jealosy from some departments.

catembi

Visit site
I think she's lovely. I'd def be interested in her if I was looking.

Agree with PF that maybe it's jealousy? Don't take any notice!

millerj

Visit site
i think she is lovely, the important thing is what you think!!!!

Don't pay any attention to anyone else it is about what you want and what works for you.

I personally think she has the looks to do what you want and she certainly has a sweet look about her.

Many years ago as a teenager i rescued/bought for £200 a pure bred 18 mth arab and everyone had their piece to say. I had that horse for 7 years backed, broke, schooled and completed him to county level and only sold him when a dear friend lost her own pony while i was pregnant. I proved everyone wrong and was very proud of what i achieved with him. You can do exactly the same if you want to

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I think she looks lovely. I suppose it's down to how much experience you have really, rather than how big you are/she is. I have a rising 3yo ID filly, who currently stands at 16.2hh (oops, rather outside the breed standard
crazy.gif
) and people keep commenting that she will be too big for me, but hey I like big horses, I've backed lots of them, so who cares?
confused.gif

Do you think you have the time and experience and ability to do yours justice? If so, I'd say ignore the comments (or lack of them) and enjoy what looks like a super horse
smile.gif
smile.gif

Henbug

Visit site
lovely horse no reason you couldn't show her
grin.gif
. I agree it could be that people are jealous(sp), I definitely am
tongue.gif
!!

Three

Visit site
I think she's lovely and I'm not that far from you (not that it matters since I would be prepared to travel any distance for her!!) so you can give her to me if you like.

Hard to tell in photos how big she is now but looks like she'll certainly be 16.2 (which is also perfect for me!!
grin.gif
)

Ignore them all is my advice. If she's right for you that's all that matters.

cobden99

Visit site
I think she is lovely, a really nice type. Very nice expression and kind eye as well. Just ignore them and enjoy your horse
grin.gif

bellaboo

Visit site
Thank you everyone so much, you've really cheered me up. I love her so much but people's comments were really getting me down, it's nice to hear you all think she is lovely.
Just to answer some of the questions, she stands around 15.2/3hh at the moment and she is the first young horse i have owned since a baby ( we all have to start somewhere ). I feel quite confident with bringing her on myself but if i feel out of my depth i would get whatever help i need, i just want to do the best for her and myself. Thanks again
laugh.gif

Tia

Visit site
A big black tobiano with 4 long white stockings .... yep I'd agree with the others on here and suggest that the people you have asked so far, have green eyed monsters living in their boots. I'd guess they mean no harm but it might be difficult for them to see such a lovely horse and perhaps they know that they can never have one like it?

She is nicely put together and nicely marked and I think she will look fantastic ones she matures. Good luck and have lots of fun with her.
smile.gif

Tinker_Belle

Visit site

Oh gosh, she is beautiful! I REALLY like her, like all the horses that members post but she is special. Gorgeous colour, gorgeous looks & lovely conformation & movement.

I am jealous, let alone all the others that absolutely must have been to put her down because there isn't anything you can put down about her, certainly not looks anyway
smile.gif

Enjoy her & do what you feel is best
laugh.gif

xx

c7mlm

Visit site
i think she is lovely. i agree with every one else (green eyed monsters lurking). my mare is 16.3h and the stallion was 16.3h so i have a feeling our new foal might be big. i don't think size is a problem. my foal is for my daughter who is size 0 and 5ft4 and we have no worries. enjoy her she is lovely

Ciss

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I think she's rather nice! I suspect a touch of the green eyes!

[/ QUOTE ]

I never normally make comments on these kind of threads (could well be grading the horse at a later date, photos too badly posed to make any meaningful judgement etc) but I do have to say that from the photos I think she looks to be a correct and harmonius filly with a lot of sport horse potential and what looks to be (from the degree of lift from the ground) athletic paces. Possibly her neck is a little short and there is a hint of an underneck (sometimes due to nursing angles when a small dam producces a tall quick-growing foal) but these are relatively minor faults and can be improved with correct work later on.

I must say it would be interesting to hear the credentials / experience of the people who gave you such negative comments but I rather suspect it was (as others have said) more green eye than knowledge that motivated their opinions.

HTH

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
What a lovely looking filly.

Don't ask the opinions of numpty's - you seldom get an educated response.

I think she's super!

genie

Visit site
Hi. Its hard to tell from a couple of photos..but she looks so nice that if she were for sale I would be willing to come and look.and I live in scotland!! she is lovely.....I prefer more colour to white on a coloured......and she looks like she has a nice head. A friend would never have passed a derogatory comment.but a green eyed monster..different story??

Titchyfarter

Visit site
Definitely green-eyed-monster syndrome!!

From the pictures shown, she has a lovely head, a good shoulder and a decent foreleg. Good length of back and hip and a decent hind leg. If anything her neck is a little short - so what! And on top of that she has athletic movement! AND she's a well marked coloured!!

Definitely a lovely youngster!! I've always liked her btw, since I first saw pics of her on here!

JulieL

Visit site
I think I have missed something here with regard to the green eyed monster etc
confused.gif
- but I think she is stunning - I wouldn't grumble if she were mine - lets just say that! LB x

CrazyMare

Visit site
She is lovely!! Definatly the green eyes.

If you are worried about her being too much as it were, make sure she is taught correct manners earlier rather than later. We had a sodding great creature shear off its stable door bolts yesterday beacuse it wouldn't behave, I suspect it was hand reared and taught no manners...