Is there a difference between ......

Gentle_Warrior

Visit site
Stubben and Cottage Craft string girths ????

obviously except price !!!!
blush.gif

the watcher

Visit site
Never used one - you might also want to consider humane girths, lots of people don't seem to like them but i have never had a problem with them and find that you can get a very precise fit.

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Stubben and Cottage Craft string girths ????

obviously except price !!!!
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yes - IMO you get what you pay for and the CC ones can pinch!! The stubben ones are lovely and soft and horses tend to like them.

I won't have a humane girth near any of my horses - too easy to over tighten and can cause pressure points. It depends who's using them and I don't trust myself not to tighten them too much, just to make sure!

Haniki

Visit site
I like my humane girth too, even though I didn't do it up tight enough last week and ended up under horses's tummy when I tried to get on!

cyearsley

Visit site
I use a stubben girth and think its fantastic. He doesn't get sweaty, it's soft and you just wash it in the sink or even in the machine I guess. Never had one before but my beautiful soft leather girth rubbed him and then got fed up with washing the bloomin sheepskin sleeve and so the string girth is the answer to my prayers! Would highly recommend. They are very different to the old cottage craft ones that were around years ago as the cord is thicker and softer but not sure if the CC ones have been improved?

MagicMelon

Visit site
Stubben cord girth is excellent. Nice and wide so no pressure points and lovely and soft, hasnt once nipped one of mine who has very sensitive skin but also excellent for my Welshie who sweats a lot.