Is there a market for 5.5 ton 2 horse lorries.

rocketdog69

Visit site
I currently run a car and a 5.5 ton 2 horse lorry. I'm considering trying to cut costs and just have a 4x4 and trailer. Is there a market out there at the moment for 2 horse lorries.

BigRed

Visit site
I think so. I am looking to buy one. I have a 4x4 and trailer, I only move one horse, but some of the 3.5 lorries are just too small and the 7,5's are too big ! I travel twice a week and I am fed up with the palaver of hitching up.

rocketdog69

Visit site
Yeah, I'm hoping there are more people out there like yourself. I must admit, I wouldnt buy a 3.5 ton as they seem too small for me. My youngster is going to be huge so a 3.5 t would never do although he would go in a big trailer!

Divasmum

Visit site
I don't think the coachbuilt 3.5 tonners are small. Some have enormous headroom. It is just that the payload will only legally allow for 1 horse. By upgrading to a 5 tonner you can legally carry two but of course are into plating instead of an mot. There is a market for them though.

lochpearl

Visit site
how big is your horse cecildog? I have a full up 17.2 - perhaps even bigger and he is only 6 so still will grow and also a 16.2 ID which is as chunky as anything and has a few more years to grow - they both fit perfectly in a Chaigley, but obviously not together with the payload. Size wise they are perfect internally. I am selling my 6 tonne which fits them perfectly into together but it's a pain to move about, this is why I'm going for a 3.5 tonne as easier to move about and I don't take them out to the same places.

D

Donkeymad

We have a 5.5 and would not have anything less. Yes, it needs plating, but that is no big problem, and so worth the extra payload.

rocketdog69

Visit site
Hiya. My youngster was 16.2 on his 2nd birthday. He's Andalusian x Percheron so he's going to be a big heavy lad. He wud have to have trailer to himself but I wud rarely be off anywhere with the two. The other one is smaller!

rocketdog69

Visit site
You can have mine if you like! lol. Ther are not many of them about at the mo. The renault Dodge 50 are 5.5 tonne. Mines a Peper Harrow Renault Dodge conversion. Love it loads but I'm trying to be practical.