Is there a welly shortage?

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Need a new pair of wellies, looking at Ariat/Le Chameau or similar and cannot find any size 5s anywhere? Is there a national shortage. Tbh with all this rain I wouldnt be surprised!!

Littlebear

Visit site
Need a new pair of wellies, looking at Ariat/Le Chameau or similar and cannot find any size 5s anywhere? Is there a national shortage. Tbh with all this rain I wouldnt be surprised!!

Must be i looked a while ago and couldn't get anything, ended up with a £15 pair off of ebay and they are holding out so far.

Sky’s-Legacy

Visit site
Seems like it, we're really struggling to get stock in the store I work in, lots of customers have said they can't get boots most places online either.

Splash2310

Visit site
I managed to bag a pair of Le Chem’s off of Rideaway after searching for weeks for a pair of size 8s!

Needed a replacement as my Barbour pair broke in November and the customer service team warned me then there was a shortage...

scats

Visit site
If you are looking for a cheap pair to keep you going, this time last year I ordered some £15 tall, neoprene lined wellies from amazon, because I was so sick of expensive makes splitting after 1 month and I thought even if these lasted me through to March, it would be worth it.
Hands down, best wellies ever! Still going strong- warm, comfortable and no splits or leaks. Absolute miracle for someone like me who kills wellies. They look nice too, not cheap looking.

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
If you are looking for a cheap pair to keep you going, this time last year I ordered some £15 tall, neoprene lined wellies from amazon, because I was so sick of expensive makes splitting after 1 month and I thought even if these lasted me through to March, it would be worth it.
Hands down, best wellies ever! Still going strong- warm, comfortable and no splits or leaks. Absolute miracle for someone like me who kills wellies. They look nice too, not cheap looking.

I just had a look, can't find anything there. Have they got a brand name?

chocolategirl

Visit site
I tried to get a new pair of Aigle to replace my leaking ones about5 months ago, all out of stock for the particular model I want. I’ve had to put a plastic bag over my sock ?‍♀️ I assumed production was down due to a lot of factories being on skeleton staff due to covid ?

chocolategirl

Visit site
Any chance you have the link please? ?

spacefaer

Visit site
I'm assuming Aigle and Le Chameau will have shipping issues, being French? Aigles are made in France, surprisingly, while Le Chameau are made in Morocco.

And Ariat while being USA based, manufacture in Italy, Mexico and China so again, it's understandable that global supply is affected

vannersrus

Visit site
Walking boots also in short supply / anything decent has been bought and no new stock in sight. Presumably all the lockdown exercisers plus Brexit / covid.
Difficult to get parts for machinery , bike repairs etc too?

Odyssey

Visit site
Hunter/other expensive wellies have been stolen from cars and porches in nearby villages recently. ? Never imagined that welly thefts would be a thing. One lady saw her families stolen Hunters on a local Facebook selling page - the audacity! Lock up your wellies, people.

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
I just bought a new pair at the local farmers co-op and no shortage here (Ireland), all the usual brands and sizes available including Ariats. I guess supply chains are different though, plus they probably have a lot in stock this time of year (everyone needs wellies here).

Shani

Visit site
I've had my Ariats h20 napolene ones 3 years still going strong hoping I can get another pair when these give up on me ?

maisie06

Visit site

Yes there seems to be!! Took me 3 hours online last week to track a pair down in a size 6 - EBAY came up trumps in the end from an angling supply seller, I got Dirtboots neoprene in the end after yet another pair of Aigle Parcours split at the heel!

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Im glad it wasnt just me then. OH, who is much better at finding things online managed to spot a pair of size 5 Ariat Burfords. I sincerely hope they last until whatever is causing the shortage is sorted. Having paid the grand total of £120 for them, a client of mine who has 2 horses on diy, this week announced that last winter she bought a pair of wellies from Primark, £10 and still going strong!!