Is there an alternative to sausage boots/fetlock rings?

little_flea

Visit site
My big mare is very close behind and could probably really do with wearing fetlock rings when riding. However, shamefully, I have to admit that I am not looking forward to turning up at a competition with these hideous things round her legs... is there any alternative at all? She wears fetlock boots, but she is a little bow-legged, so the closeness is really hoof very near pastern when she moves...

Drummer

Visit site
I just use an over reach boot, someone always asks why he only has one on the back but never why is he even wearing one behind. I tried a sausage boot but it just rubbed and spun and left the area that needed protecting still bare. His is the same area too.

lucemoose

Visit site
Well i just have one on the offending leg, and grin and bear it at BSJA! He would just step on bell boots and the pastern wraps dont have the buffer effect.

stilltrying

Visit site
Ive also used overreach boots on the back for this. My lad is the same, slightly bow legged and would score a line right on his coronary band. He's got a bit better as he's developed more topline now. So if you can handle all the stupid comments you get then I'd use overrreach boots.