Is there any way of achieving my horsey ambition?

Dolphin

Visit site
I have always longed to ride a racehorse on a training gallop. I would really love to experience that power and speed just once in my life.

I have always considered it to be a pipedream - I am just a regular rider, have never sat on a racehorse in my life and no trainer is going to put a complete amateur up on his Derby prospect!

However, I was talking about it to a friend and she suggested I put a post on here just in case anyone does know a way of achieving this "horsey ambition". I've got nothing to lose hence this post.

Feel free to take the p$%^, part of me does think its a rather daft, unrealistic idea!

Weezy

Visit site
Where are you? I cannot help but someone may well be able to
laugh.gif

JessPickle

Visit site
Well I am sure it is achieveable. When I was younger I was offered a short ride on a racehorse (uncle owns a fair few sos spend a fair bit of time at race yards) at the time I refused because I didn't feel confident enough I regret that now and that was on a very small yard that uncles horses are not at anymore

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Not sure about the race horse bit but I know you can have a go on Lingfield’s all weather track in Surrey. Can you borrow someone’s TB?

jen1

Visit site
I rode at Lydford House Devon a couple of times they have a riding school and at the time had a couple of ex race horses they would use for 'experienced' riders! Must admit it was the first time I had ridden a TB but it was awsome when it took off across Dartmoor!!!! would love to do it again sometime!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Scarlett

Visit site
There is a riding school/treking yard somewhere in Surrey which has nothing but exracers for people to ride - they do all different types of hacks for different levels inc a fast one for experienced riders.... I'll see if I can find the details if you like...?

I have 2 exracers and through contacting the geldings trainer I have been lucky enough to get to go up the gallops a few times - Its amazing and something you should definately try to do....

Pics from the first time I got let loose on a proper racehorse....
IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg