Is there any xc courses open????

BeckyC

Visit site
I am in cambridgeshire and I cannot find anything open thats remotely near me!!! I know theres aston and that is an option but would really prefer something closer! does anyone know of anything please??

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
Of course there is nothing open, have you noticed the weather?!?!

There is practically no racing on, everywhere is underwater, I am suffolk/cambs borders and have not been able to turn out horses in near on a month now. Last thing on my mind is finding somewhere to XC school... simply have to wait until the rain stops!

BeckyC

Visit site
Of course there is nothing open, have you noticed the weather?!?!

There is practically no racing on, everywhere is underwater, I am suffolk/cambs borders and have not been able to turn out horses in near on a month now. Last thing on
my mind is finding somewhere to XC school... simply have to wait until the rain stops!

I have indeed noticed the weather!!! cant help but being as i work as a groom and have 3 horses so end up being out in it all the time :p sorry to hear of your turnout trouble. I was just wondering if there was somewhere i hadnt thought of that is open as the season starts in a couple of weeks.

Addicted to Hunting

Visit site
I thought that I'd read some where open for schooling maybe not? Luckily mine gets 'schooled' out hunting, alltho obvs not right for everyone and some hunts now aren't wanting visitors as so wet! I would do some indoor xc's and practice over skinnies make the best of what you can.

Ps Im the other Beckey that shared a Phoebe lesson with you :)

BeckyC

Visit site
Swalcliffe near us is open but not anywhere near you unfortunately

Thank you! its about 2hrs from me so whilst not ideal would def be better than nothing!!

I thought that I'd read some where open for schooling maybe not? Luckily mine gets 'schooled' out hunting, alltho obvs not right for everyone and some hunts now aren't wanting visitors as so wet! I would do some indoor xc's and practice over skinnies make the best of what you can.

Ps Im the other Beckey that shared a Phoebe lesson with you :)

Oh hello!! how is your little mare? they've done quite a bit of xc on a school and will try and do some makeshift xc jumps at home but would really like to get them out on grass if at all possible as they're entered for isleham

Addicted to Hunting

Visit site
Yer she's really good, had a good few days hunting and thinking of doing indoor xc at bury farm this sun, was thinking of doing Aston unaff but allready full so will have to wait until later on in the season when I'm back! When is Isleham? It's not ideal but just do the best you can, and as much fast work in grass as you can as well to get them used to grass in case don't get a chance to do proper schooling

BeckyC

Visit site
isleham is first wknd in march. theyve both done some JAS and the keysoe eventer trials and they mostly hack out and do their fast work on grass bridleways so doing what i can. even if i have to travel a bit of a distance i will (hopefully!) get them out schooling at least once more before isleham!

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
PS. didn't mean to sound so cross, but we are sending horses up from Newmarket to Scotland tomorrow just so they can get a guaranteed race run - and as far as I see it, when you can't get NH racing on, XC isn't going to be likely!! I think it is likely enough Ely will open up before Isleham, even if only for a few days... so long as we get a dryish week.

Madali

Visit site
Where abouts in Cambridgeshire are you Becky as I'm near Huntingdon and am considering a trip to ALW if nothing else opens. I'm entered for Isleham so could do with a session before then

enjimmy1

Visit site
Poplar Park is open, I schooled there on Saturday & it was fine, just a bit slippy in parts & a few jumps fenced off, so good because it's on sand. I don't know if that would be too much of a trek for you though.

enjimmy1

Visit site
Poplar Park is open, I schooled there on Saturday & it was fine, just a bit slippy in parts & a few jumps fenced off, so good because it's on sand. I don't know if that would be too much of a trek for you though.

I have to add it also was no where near as bad as I expected! I went presuming I would only be able to jump a few of the smaller fences but I pretty much was able to jump all of the fences I would have done had it been on good ground.

loopiesteff

Visit site
Yup, Poplar is open, Brampton EC is open, gt witch (I think) is open, aston, tweseldown, swalcliffe.

herringswell is shut.

Becky, think your best bet is to hope that Ely opens! or come with us to poplar/brampton when we go!