Is there just no pleasing some people? Warning - rant!

oofadoofa

www.mearecourtequestrian.co.uk
A lady came to my yard about a month ago looking for somewhere to keep her horse on DIY. My yard is only a small yard at present, just 5 stables, although we are putting up another 5 stables over the road within the next month or so. Anyway, I currently have 5 horses there, and said I would be able to take her when the new stables were up. She said she was really desperate to move and didn't mind not having a stable for now because her horse was out 24/7. The thing she was most concerned about was the fact that her horse wouldn't be left out on its own, i.e. as long as there was a horse in a neighbouring field it would be fine. I said that she was welcome to turn him out with one of mine for company, but she didn't want to do that as she didn't want her's palling up with another horse.

So we agreed that she would move in on Saturday, although I wouldn't be around when she arrived but my OH would. So she turned up, OH showed her where to leave her stuff, gave her keys to tackroom and gate and showed her her field. As agreed, there was another horse turned out in the adjacent field, although 2 of mine were in as 1 has an eye infection and the other won't stay in the field on his own!

So then I get an answerphone message (I was having a lesson at the time) saying she was not happy because there was only 1 other horse out and what if someone came along and brought that horse in, etc, etc. So when I had finished my lesson I rang her back re-assuring her that no one was going to bring the other horse in and her horse wouldn't be left out alone, but she wouldn't accept it and was having a complete fit at me!

So I'm afraid in the end I just had to say that I wasn't going to be spoken to like that and that she'd better turn around and go back to where she came from. I had done everything I could to accommodate her and that's the thanks I get.
mad.gif

Smash

Visit site
You'll get plenty more ungrateful sods if you're running a livery yard, so it's best to start as you mean to go on - not taking any nonsense.

Looks like you handled that one spot on, so onwards and outwards with lairy liveries.
grin.gif

xnaughtybutnicex

Visit site
Well, you didnt promise her that there would be more than 1 horse out all the time, you have to do what is best for your horse and that is keeping it in, she just sounds like an ungrateful sod

L

lilym

GOOD FOR YOU!! what a rude woman, and you are right, there is no pleasing some people.

AutumnRose

Visit site
Well done. I really think this is the right way with liveries. On my previous yard we had some liveries which were always breaking the rules, causing problems etc. YO never said anything to them, just complained behind their backs. Very unprofessional and unhelpful i thought....left in the end!
grin.gif

kerilli

Visit site
good for you. liveries will test your patience to the utmost, i've had great ones (who became friends for life) but others that would have driven a saint to distraction! she sounds like a nightmare you could well do without!

Spyda

Visit site
Well, she may have had a genuine concern to start with - arriving at your yard and not yet knowing the routine, but sounds like she's not mature or reasonable enough to enquire politely about her concern. Gosh, if she's like that on day one of arriving at your yard, goodness knows how she'll be once she's settled in. Has she gone as you asked?

Maybe this is why she was so desperate to relocate her horse from where ever she came from. Perhaps put other peoples' noses out of joint too?
smirk.gif

oofadoofa

Ooh, I'm glad you all agree! I was being so calm with her, I didn't lose my temper. I felt a bit mean afterwards in case she didn't have anywhere else to take her horse. I could just imagine her driving round with her horsebox on the mobile trying to find somewhere to take him!! I think I had a very lucky escape!

Rachel_M

Visit site
Good for you I say. What a cheek to call you up and speak to you like that over something, in my opinion, is a mountain made out of a molehill.

oofadoofa

I can understand that she didn't want the horse to be left out on his own, one of my horses hates being out on his own and so I always make sure he isn't left. It's the fact that I had done everything she wanted and she was still having a go at me! Grrrrrrrr. Getting wound up again now!!

Kenzo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
You'll get plenty more ungrateful sods if you're running a livery yard, so it's best to start as you mean to go on - not taking any nonsense.

Looks like you handled that one spot on, so onwards and outwards with lairy liveries.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha haaa sorry not laughing at what you have said, just giggling at your avator pic, is it a Chihuahua with a wig on?
it yours?
grin.gif

back to the original subject (sorry about that) simple answer is NO, there is no pleaseing some people...thats all I can say.
smile.gif

Nailed

Visit site
oh dear...

We had an inquirey yesterday morning, our YO had just gone to bed after a night shift s a critical care ward sister.. this was 8 oclock, at nine oclock, a women a nd a group of teenagers turned up. one of theother liveries told them YO was in bed and to call back later,

Instead the proceded to bash on the door, ring the door bell and peer through the windows.. YO went mental!

Sound like you were lucky with that escape.. she sounds like the type of person who'd whinge day in day out.

Lux

jesterfaerie

Visit site
There really is no pleasing some people!
You handled it well and had a lucky escape, cannot believe how some rude some people can be!
Yes she may have been concerned but to act and speak to you the way she did is really stupid considering you have done everything she wanted!
Has she gone?

niagaraduval

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
oh dear...

We had an inquirey yesterday morning, our YO had just gone to bed after a night shift s a critical care ward sister.. this was 8 oclock, at nine oclock, a women a nd a group of teenagers turned up. one of theother liveries told them YO was in bed and to call back later,

Instead the proceded to bash on the door, ring the door bell and peer through the windows.. YO went mental!

Sound like you were lucky with that escape.. she sounds like the type of person who'd whinge day in day out.

Lux

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Good god. Some people..
You did the right thing
smirk.gif