Is there 'Mane and Tail' for dogs ears?

Llewellyn

Visit site
Spent ages grooming Pips ears yesterday and they knotted up almost straight away. It is very distressing for her as she thinks we are trying to pull off ticks (there are non but traumatised dog) and has a hissy fit. Is there something I can put in to slow down the knotting process. This is not so I have to groom less just so it is not so bad for her.
I've used mane and tail on myself and apart from making your hair look greasy because it is so heavy had no adverse effects. But wondering if there was a dog version.
:D Thankies

NOISYGIRL

Visit site
Spent ages grooming Pips ears yesterday and they knotted up almost straight away. It is very distressing for her as she thinks we are trying to pull off ticks (there are non but traumatised dog) and has a hissy fit. Is there something I can put in to slow down the knotting process. This is not so I have to groom less just so it is not so bad for her.
I've used mane and tail on myself and apart from making your hair look greasy because it is so heavy had no adverse effects. But wondering if there was a dog version.
:D Thankies

Yes I got some from local pet place, only thing is I sprayed it all over my dog, was really good BUT where ever she sat or layed down, it made the lino in the kitchen really slippery and we nearly broke our necks so be careful !

Personally I would only use one that was supposed to be for dogs as they groom themselves, I wouldn't want to put anything on that wasn't safe for dogs

PucciNPoni

Visit site
There's a couple of good detanglers that I use, my favorite one is by a company called K9 Competition called Nano Mist. It's very expensive, but rather lovely on. The other one that I have used for years before the Nano Mist, and still a fantastic product is made by Kelco called DeMat Spray. Not quite as pricey and does the job!

bensonthewonderhorse

Visit site
Chestfields do a range of natural stuff that although wouldn't taste nice wouldn't do you any harm if you drank it yourself! They do a show and shine detangling spray that can be used on dogs, also their pet shampoo cleans really well and leaves the coat conditioned.

www.chestfields.com