Is there no such thing as a horse who won't hack alone?

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
My Appy doesn't enjoy it and she seems to have no sense of self preservation (jumped out in front of tractor, taken us backwards into huge drainage ditch, sat on car bonnet.....) so for anything that involves roadwork we have company.

I actually don't think her eyesight is 100%. Vets have never been able to see anything on exam but more than one has noted jumpiness on her right.

I'm not convinced that Arty's eyesight is 100% either tbh. Again, vets have never found anything, but she bumps into stuff more than a normal horse (could just be no sense of self preservation I suppose), and on one occasion, in admittedly fairly low light, she did walk full bore into a closed barn door. She just stepped back, shook her head, sidestepped and then carried on walking at the same pace as before as if nothing had happened. Very odd horse behaviour, and made me think that crashing into stuff has been a fairly consistent feature of her life. She loves hacking though...apart from the odd horse eating water monster that is ;)

SEL

Visit site
I'm not convinced that Arty's eyesight is 100% either tbh. Again, vets have never found anything, but she bumps into stuff more than a normal horse (could just be no sense of self preservation I suppose), and on one occasion, in admittedly fairly low light, she did walk full bore into a closed barn door. She just stepped back, shook her head, sidestepped and then carried on walking at the same pace as before as if nothing had happened. Very odd horse behaviour, and made me think that crashing into stuff has been a fairly consistent feature of her life. She loves hacking though...apart from the odd horse eating water monster that is ;)

The Appy has CSNB and really likes everything to stay ' as is' - when I move the fencing she heads off to check it out immediately. So I wonder if she just doesn't like some of the uncertainty that comes with the big outdoors! She'll happily lead hacking so long as she has another horse there.

But she does turn her head oddly to look at things and that's what makes me wonder about that right eye.