Is there such a thing as Alfafa and Molasses and oil free?

snopuma

Visit site
If anyone can find it I will be eternally grateful, I just want a chaff thats tastes nice that doesn't have all the above in it!

You wouldn't think it would be hard, but it is!

Chocolate hobnobs for anyone that finds me a link or two!

Goldenstar

Visit site
Dengie Alfafa cubes are straight but Alfafa is very bitter mine don't care for the molasses free soya oil coated Alfa A .
Do you need to use Alfafa as chop or could you use straight chopped straw ( honey chop make one ) or perhaps readigrass if you wanted something higher energy.

AppyHacker

Visit site
A difficult thing to find, I know. I think simple systems do a plain chaff or perhaps a plain alfalfa product that you soak. Dodson and Horrell JustGrass, if it doesn't have to be alfalfa/Lucerne. My boy recently moved onto Allen and Page Fast Fibre quick soak pellets (only30-60 seconds, so easy) and he loves it. Molasses and cereal free, made from a mix of beet, grass and chaff with vits/mins, I use a lesser amount than recommended just to act as a carrier for his supplements and linseed. Great stuff.Good luck.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Graze-on, Graze-on Gold (grass chaff with straw chaff) Readigrass, Honeychop oatstraw chaff, which has 3 different versions, one plain, one with garlic and one with honey and something else (sorry can't remember what, we use the plain).

Waltzing Matilda

Visit site
Second honey chop alfalfa and molasses free oats straw chaff in a clear bag (no oil either and half price of dengie!). Difficult to get holdnof. I have to order a min of 5 bags and takes a month to come! Bonus is both my 2 actually eat it too!!

Can get u some if near Swindon....

noblesteed

Visit site
I had this problem too. Horse won't eat alfalfa or garlic, doesn't tolerate molasses well and doesn't need oil! In the end I put up with fast fibre, or for very cold winter months when soaking is a problem he gets mollichaff calmer which only has a tiny bit of molasses. Mine is sensitive to sugars and is fine on it.

YasandCrystal

Visit site
Pure Feeds - from Lucinda McAlpine - everyone using them seems to rave about them and these will be my choice this winter. Haven't started using them yet but I will.
I have a sugar and cereal intolerant horse and I don't like alfalfa either.

Fransurrey

Visit site
I started using graze-on (grass). I was using slim-chaff, but the molasses content was very variable. Don't really have a problem with molasses, but lumps of treacle are a bit much! Graze-on is fine, though. :)

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
My big horse is allergic to alfalfa - the only chaff I could find which doesn't contain it is D&H Safe & Sound. I think it is slightly molassed but I can live with that as a least he eats it. It's got peppermint oil in so it smells lovely and fresh.

What about just a plain grass chaff / chopped grass chaff?

AFlapjack

Visit site
I feed mine Pure Easy which is alfalfa and molasses free but it does have soya oil in it.

Be careful of pure grass chaffs such as Readi-Grass etc. as although molasses free, they are high in sugar, so try to avoid if you're feeding a laminitic.