Is this a con? Or am I just a horrid suspicious person?

Christsam

Visit site
Defo a con. Note the person has no feedback? theyll make accounts up to sell (sorry, scam) one thing. There are very similar names selling other trailers with no feedback. best to report it cos some poor bidders going to lose out :(

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
If the guy's prepared to deliver it to your door, with its paperwork and accept full payment on delivery then it's not a con. If he wants money up front then walk away.

PercyMum

Visit site
it wont load :( x

Can't see link!

Hmm - not sure why. Go an eBay and type in 'Equitrek SpaceTrekker L'. You'll see what I mean!!

If the guy's prepared to deliver it to your door, with its paperwork and accept full payment on delivery then it's not a con. If he wants money up front then walk away.

I thought that but as an earlier poster said, the seller has no feedback and will in all likelihood ask for a deposit (quite rightly if genuine). Also we all know what a pain eBay can be. I guess I was just wondering if its just me who was suspicious!

blueheron

Visit site
You need to search for equitrek space L. Trekker is spelt treka in the adverts.

Is it the one currently at £1700 with 5 days still left to run?

Could be bid up in that time so it's not 'cheap' really, as you can't buy it at that price right now.

What do they normally sell for?

PercyMum

Visit site
You need to search for equitrek space L. Trekker is spelt treka in the adverts.

Is it the one currently at £1700 with 5 days still left to run?

Could be bid up in that time so it's not 'cheap' really, as you can't buy it at that price right now.

What do they normally sell for?

About £5500.00 for a decent one. It hasnt got a reserve on it though, so technically it could end at that price!!

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
My bad, I should have noticed. It was free insertion for a 99p start - so the seller has saved themselves a few quid that way and the bidding is still going on with 5 days to go. It could well go for a reasonable price. I'd be driving up there with cash to fetch it if I won it though.

PandorasJar

Visit site
I'd pay cash on delivery.

I wouldn't say it's necessarily a scam though. If it doesn't reach what they want, they can just pull it ahead of the finish. That seems to happen a fair amount.

tinkam

Visit site
Hi there, it is very likely to be a scam!

I know a lady who got ripped off for £4,200 bidding on the same trailer. I myself have nearly fallen a victim for IW trailer this summer.
Most of these ads are coming from the same gang posting various trailer makes in locations such is Scotland and offering delivery.

Ask the seller to supply you with chassis number (to check if stolen and for insurance purposes) and his mobile number to discuss the trailer further. If they supply both with no problem and DO NOT ask you to send the money into eBay Motor or any other account, it is likely to be legit.

In any case, make it clear to them, that you will not part with your cash till you actually receive the trailer.

I buy a lot (sometimes sell) from eBay and I always use Paypal or cash on collection. The only safe way!!