Is this a reasonable price for a Ifor Williams 505

I See Clover

Visit site
£2350? It's from 2003, has aluminium floor, good tyres, all electrics working, no signs of rust, no scrapes/dents/rips on the inside etc.

First time buying a trailer, so I don't really have a clue. Going to view it today, so will obviously check all the above.

TicTac

Visit site
I think £1800 - £2000 would be a reasonable price as the trailer is 9 years old now. Ifor's do hold their money though. I paid £3500 for my 3 year old 510 last year but it was in excellent order with hardly any use.

Last edited:

I See Clover

Visit site
I think £1800 - £2000 would be a reasonable price as the trailer is 9 years old now. Ifor's do hold their money though. I paid £3500 for my 3 year old 510 last year but it was in excellent order with hardly any use.

Thanks for your reply.

Taking my step-dad with me who is an expert negotiator, so hoping he might be able to knock a few pounds off the asking price ;)

Boxers

Visit site
prob a bit less. My 505 is a 2004 and I bought it in 2007 for £2400.

They do hold their price though. have a search on ebay for them and you will see what people are asking.

ROG

Visit site
My mum will be doing the towing for the time being :)
If you have a B licence then you also have a B+E provisional on the paper part so with Mum sitting in the passenger seat you can tow as a B+E learner

L plates front and rear with correct insurance and off you go :)

I See Clover

Visit site
prob a bit less. My 505 is a 2004 and I bought it in 2007 for £2400.

They do hold their price though. have a search on ebay for them and you will see what people are asking.

Not long back from viewing it and have to say, it is in mint condition. Not a mark on it. No rust or rot, everything easy to open, tyres barely used, spare not been touched. Previous owner paid extra to get the 4 windows fitted (2 at the back and 2 at the front) which, as I am led to believe, isn't standard.

Had a look on ebay and found one slightly cheaper but it still had 4 days left before the bidding ended. Locally, there aren't many on the market. They seem to be selling pretty quickly.

I See Clover

Visit site
If you have a B licence then you also have a B+E provisional on the paper part so with Mum sitting in the passenger seat you can tow as a B+E learner

L plates front and rear with correct insurance and off you go :)

Oh I didn't know that. I have a B licence! Thanks :)

Ranyhyn

Visit site
and sorry, to answer OP... we paid £2750 for our 505 classic 07 build which was immaculate and obviously the slightly "uprated" version, so I'd say yours would be bang on really. :)

I See Clover

Visit site
and sorry, to answer OP... we paid £2750 for our 505 classic 07 build which was immaculate and obviously the slightly "uprated" version, so I'd say yours would be bang on really. :)

Thanks for your reply. I think if I was willing to wait around for others to come up for sale I could get it slightly cheaper, but not sure if it would be in the same condition. Hmm.. will see if my step dad can do some negotiating :D

Boxers

Visit site
Not long back from viewing it and have to say, it is in mint condition. Not a mark on it. No rust or rot, everything easy to open, tyres barely used, spare not been touched. Previous owner paid extra to get the 4 windows fitted (2 at the back and 2 at the front) which, as I am led to believe, isn't standard.

Had a look on ebay and found one slightly cheaper but it still had 4 days left before the bidding ended. Locally, there aren't many on the market. They seem to be selling pretty quickly.

Mine has the extra windows too, but just at the front.

glad the viewing went well, sounds to me like you should go for it, but if you can get your stepdad to knock them down a little it would be satisfying!

PennyJ

Visit site
If its a decent one, and it sounds like it is, then I think you should go for it. It's just coming up to the time when people start taking their horses out and about again. They hold their value really well, I don't think you'll regret it if you change your mind in a years time and sell it on.

I See Clover

Visit site
Mine has the extra windows too, but just at the front.

glad the viewing went well, sounds to me like you should go for it, but if you can get your stepdad to knock them down a little it would be satisfying!

Spoke to the seller today, but he could only get him down by £50 :eek: He was adamant he wasn't selling for less as he would have no trouble getting £2300 for it. Better than nothing though :)

Yep. I paid £2300 for my 2002 two months back in perfect condition including full length breast and breech bars and a wheel clamp :)

Thanks for your reply. There is no wheel clamp, full length breast bar or breech bar, but said he could chuck them in for an extra £40, which I don't think is too bad :)

If its a decent one, and it sounds like it is, then I think you should go for it. It's just coming up to the time when people start taking their horses out and about again. They hold their value really well, I don't think you'll regret it if you change your mind in a years time and sell it on.

Thanks for your reply. That's exactly what I was thinking. I'll need to make sure I keep it in good condition!

tickety_boo

Visit site
Good luck with your new trailer.
But if you don't end up buying it for any reason, I've got a blue 505 that I am about to photograph ready to advertise. Alloy floor, brilliant condition £2250 ono - happy to swap (plus cash) for a 510. North Somerset.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
A 505 in good condition was just put on our pony club newsletter for £2000, not sure how old.

I think you probably paid about right.