Is this bit dressage legal?

Ashgrove

www.facebook.com
4352_1.jpg

I know the mouth piece is, but are the cheeks, not a D and not an eggbutt either?

bounce

Visit site
It looks like it should be allowed but probably best to check with BD.

Can I enquire as to where you can find one of these as it looks like something my boy would quite like. PM me if you wish.

TarrSteps

Visit site
There is no reason why not but, as advice, never hurts to check on case you run into a Steward who can't cope with the unfamiliar. :)

It's a western-style snaffle, that's why it looks like that.

Sol

Visit site
I used that exact bit for BD at southview :)

It is actually so similar to a myler! Mixed mouthpiece, similar barrel joint, and at the end of the day, it's a D-ring - which is legal. It's slightly fatter than a myler though and I know my gelding likes it much more, which is great as they're what, 1/3 of the price?! :D
I asked Lili from Fur Feather Meds to add one to one of her orders from HKM for me, it was with me within days! :)

TarrSteps

Visit site
It does make me laugh when I see english horses with them on. :)

For the interested, you can get western bits with carving and blingy stuff on the rings. . .

Sol

Visit site
It does make me laugh when I see english horses with them on. :)

For the interested, you can get western bits with carving and blingy stuff on the rings. . .

Why? I really don't see how they look any different on the outside... or inside for that matter. Surely a snaffle is a snaffle anywhere in the world?! Anyway, Dante's probably irish really, I guess that's probably worse :p

TarrSteps

Visit site
It's not a criticism! It's just like seeing the 'wrong' bridle on a show horse or a D ring on a dressage horse or similar - just out of context and with a very particular connotation.

Sol

Visit site
It's not a criticism! It's just like seeing the 'wrong' bridle on a show horse or a D ring on a dressage horse or similar - just out of context and with a very particular connotation.

I could tell :p
I don't think it looks wrong though? It looks so plain! Not like the epic fancy ones (I love noseying in horse mags from the US!).
We like mixing western & english though...
P1210351.jpg

:D That's the curb version of the Billy Allen that made me buy the snaffle, Dan just went so well in it. Perhaps they should devise a 'dressage' range!