Is this dangerous?

Pinkvboots

Visit site
It is potentially deadly but the odds are good the sitter will survive. Would I risk it having worked in forestry? NO!

See I thought it a bit risky I personally wouldn't do it but 2 grown women thought it was ok for 3 teenagers to climb up there to sit!

There are 3 massive stacks at the entrance to our bridleway I don't even like riding past it, when I saw them yesterday I did say that it was dangerous but they all just looked at me as if I was mad!

planete

Visit site
See I thought it a bit risky I personally wouldn't do it but 2 grown women thought it was ok for 3 teenagers to climb up there to sit!

There are 3 massive stacks at the entrance to our bridleway I don't even like riding past it, when I saw them yesterday I did say that it was dangerous but they all just looked at me as if I was mad!

I think it has something to do with natural selection...I would leave them to it personally.

(You can tell I love humanity this morning).

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I think it has something to do with natural selection...I would leave them to it personally.

(You can tell I love humanity this morning).

Tell me about it the weekends are hell round here lockdown has made it unbearable especially as the weather has got warmer, I try and avoid hacking and dog walking at peak times complete Muppets most of them.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
It's so strange because during the first lockdown (this time last year-ish) there were so many people on the trails. One sort of passes through the yard but we only occasionally see bikers or people walking, and the odd tractor. Last year there were people all over the place, I once had an audience watching me ride in one of the schools. So many people out and about, but respectful.

Never saw that many people again. Maybe it'll pick up again this spring.

We've been in lockdown since November, so I guess it's just gotten old ?‍♀️

teddypops

Visit site
Sitting on the top of a stack of chopped down trees about as high as a 2 storey house?
Yes it’s dangerous. There are usually signs on the stacks saying not to do it. I recall seeing adverts on TV saying how dangerous it was and a girl (possibly 9yo) was killed a few years ago when the trees rolled on her.

PurBee

Visit site
All it takes is 1 log to dislodge and the others roll down...i wouldnt risk it personally!

Seems since social media and youtube, people do more daring things for pics and videos to share online. Especially the youngsters free climbing extremely tall building/cranes etc. Some haven’t survived i might add..

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Yes it’s dangerous. There are usually signs on the stacks saying not to do it. I recall seeing adverts on TV saying how dangerous it was and a girl (possibly 9yo) was killed a few years ago when the trees rolled on her.

That's awful:( I can't believe they have just been sat there since last summer when they cut them.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
All it takes is 1 log to dislodge and the others roll down...i wouldnt risk it personally!

Seems since social media and youtube, people do more daring things for pics and videos to share online. Especially the youngsters free climbing extremely tall building/cranes etc. Some haven’t survived i might add..

People are such idiots sometimes

[139672]

Visit site
Warning signs on them on the estate near me. Never seen anyone climbing on them yet but maybe people do but just not when I’ve been there. Kids do stupid things. Kids at the school I work at do stupid things at the railway crossing just down the road from the school. One of them walked out in front of me crossing the road right at a junction. Thankfully I was going very slowly.