Is this normal or have we bonded!

Parkranger

Visit site
Here's me thinking my horse has bonded with me!

I got off the boy last night to put down some trotting poles and he was glued to me! I was walking the length and breadth of the school and he was doing a pretty full on join up.....at one point I had to move him away because I don't move the poles! bless him.

Perhaps it's because he's blind in one eye - makes him a bit more dependent?

LauraBR

Visit site
Aw, sounds like love to me
wink.gif
xx
grin.gif

ruscara

Visit site
Sounds to me as if you have bonded very well with him and he feels secure with you. I personally wouldn't put too much down to him being blind in one eye. I am sure he will adapt very well to this and it won't affect him half as much as you fear.
smile.gif

piaffe

Visit site
Ahhh sweet!!!!

My two, my boy especially does exactly the same! Its lovely!
grin.gif
Not so good when becky is riding though. if i have had to go up to her, when she's on V, when i walk away, is shes not quick to take up the contact he follows me!

The other night he was trying to make his canter 20m circle bigger at one side to get nearer!!
grin.gif

Oaksflight

Visit site
Sounds like a bond to me! Hal does the same with me. Not so good when giving OH a lesson on him, and he's doing change the rein past me and Hal just stops and me and snuggles. Haha.

Blizzard

Visit site
Aww bless!

My mare does the same, she follows me everywhere in the school, not so good when my novice partner is riding her because she wont move for him and just veers back towards me, and of course if I walk off she just follows, and if I run off ha ha she trots after me, LOL...not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing!!
blush.gif

Enfys

Visit site
I used to get sent away out of sight when my daughter was having lessons on any of her ponies through the years as they only have to see me at the edge of the school and they come over.
Evie used to yell
"Go AWAY Mummy! Zebedee/Baby/Finn won't do what I say when you're there."
I'm not convinced about the bonding part, the pony knows which side his bread is buttered on and who doles out the nuts. It is nice though when they hear your voice and come flying across the field to you, still a grub thing I think. My arab would never have thought twice about leaving me in the middle of nowhere on a mountain top if I'd have been stupid enough to let go of him, and we did have a bond-ish.

KJJ

Visit site
Naww bless him!!

My boy does this where-ever I go... if he's ties up he watches my EVERY move and makes sure he knows where I am...

In the mornings at the field he leaves his pals and walks over to me at the gate and like this morning he'd lost his mask yesterday I had to go look for it, he followed me weaving backwards and forwards across the field... infact my OH says it looks like I have a horse glued to my backside!! (I hope he's not trying to insinuate I have a large ar*e!!
mad.gif
LOL!! )

By the sounds of it your boys loves you VERY much
smile.gif
I hope by Jags loves me!!!

Blizzard

Visit site
Aww! Its lovely when you feel that they do love you!
I never honestly thught a horse could be loyal until I got mine, i remember when I fell off LOL, she stopped and came back to me , put her head down as if you say, 'are you ok'. Bless 'em!