Is this normal teeth changing? Photo's

Silverfire

Visit site
Also in vet. Anyone know if this is normal teeth change for a 3.5yr rising 4yr old? It doesn't look normal to me but then i've never really looked at other young horses teeth to know if it is or not. If you look at the pics both lower jaw deciduous corner teeth seem to be growing over the incisor next to them. I'm not sure if those incisors are a baby/deciduous tooth or the new adult tooth growing in, the corner tooth is a baby tooth. Back in middle September they were normal looking so they have changed since then. If you have a rising four year old please have a look and compare. Thanks for any replies.

Her right side

XXRteethrightcorner1x.jpg

XXRteethrightcornerx2.jpg

Left side

XXRleftsideCteeth.JPG

Back in mid September you can see bottom teeth all neat and even on this photo (ignore red lips - funny reaction to Karidox)

XXrleftcredmteeth.JPG

frannieuk

Visit site
I'm no expert on teeth, but this just looks like normal teeth coming through to me. My current youngster has just been through the same and her mouth is all even and normal looking now (5yo) having previously looked just like your boys :)

cloppy

Visit site
yes they're correct for 3.5 they lose the laterals at this age as shown in your pictures. My horse is 4 in may and has just lost his. At 4.5 he will lose all four corner teeth. (he will have lost his centrals last year at 2.5)

Silverfire

Visit site
Thanks for your replies everyone. Are your horses corner teeth growing over the laterals? - thats whats worrying me here that the new adult lateral teeth won't be able to erupt properley because of where the corners are, and they won't be changing for another year yet. I did send a pic to my vet Friday but not heard back from him yet so thought i would ask on here if anyone elses was like it. Having enough problems with her cheek teeth without her incisors starting!

frannieuk

Visit site
My girl's did exactly that too - it all sorted itself out and my dentist was happy enough to leave well alone, although he did help one of the baby caps on its way.