Is this too cheeky?

somethingorother

Visit site
Answers on a postcard please. Or here will do i guess :p

Have just moved house (yet again) and know no-one in warrington. I've spent the last 2 years on a nice little arab stud, at first with my loan horse who was stabled there and then helping out with the youngsters and backing a filly for them.

I've been looking at shares, but i'm saving for my own youngster next year hopefully so don't want to pay loads of money for a share, get attached etc etc when i could use the money to save for my own. And 2, i'm arab obsessed and missing being involved with the breed and the exciting showing and big characters that all arabs are.

Sooo... would it be very cheeky and rude of me to contact arab studs around here and ask if they want free help in exchange for a couple of rides a week. It's not like i'm some numpty, i'm used to rowdy colts, babies etc.

Appreciate any opinions before i potentially make a fool of myself please? Cakes and wine to all :D

Pampered Ponies

Visit site
I don't think so - and I don't like to do anything that would be perceived as out of the ordinary, let alone cheeky.

Hope you get what you're looking for. Good luck.

rambling

Visit site
Theres no harm in trying anyway .
I think you should try to get a really good letter of introduction from the yard where you broke the youngster and maybe a link to a video of your riding one of the Arabs. I think that would give you a great chance.

ameeyal

Visit site
Go for it, all arab people just love like minded, and once they get to know you, they then just might :p let you ride one of there precious arabs :).

somethingorother

Visit site
Phew ok i will go for it, just need to find some to contact now lol. Might post on arabian lines? Bit worried about humiliating myself :/

Ameeyal, i didn't mean it in a disprespectful way, a lot of these horses are worth thousands and thousands of £££s and i know a lot of people will only let 'professionals' ride and handle them... Which is a shame since i've reschooled my fair share of horses but i dont charge ;) But i understand it, it's their livelihood ...

midi

Visit site
must say i'm jealous of your experiance/past, I would love the chance to work on a stud full of arabs! how wonderful :D

somethingorother

Visit site
hayley UK that sounds great, have pm'd you.

Midi, i know, i've been spoilt rotten to be around so many top class horses. Never a dull moment :D I had to live off beans on toast for quite some time when i got my loan though, but it gave me an amazing opportunity. Although in 2 foot of snow through the winters i may have needed reminding lol.

somethingorother

Visit site
Well, it's easier said than done finding arab studs in cheshire. Nearest i have found is about half an hour drive away :(

And ive forgotten my AL log in so it would look dodgy if i made a new one and my first post was this.

*feeling deflated*

:(

Ah well i'm driving back to manchester to have a good gallop on a friends arab on saturday at least :)