Is this unrealistic?- Looking for a horse

Cash

Visit site
I've been looking for a horse since mid summer now (but in short bursts so to speak- in my GCSE year, and mum not keen on me horsehunting in the 2 weeks or so before an exam/module/oral etc, so it's been quite start-stop). Have been to see quite a few, none really right.
Am now set to start looking again at the very beginning of March (so this is a bit in advance really). Ideally, I would like a fairly sensible, 15.2-16.1hh, 7-12yo allrounder who loves to jump and is forward going without being a nutter, and is experienced at competing in DR, XC and SJ.I'd like to start BE this summer, but I'm not terribly ambitious- would love to get to PN/BE100 but I'm not that bothered Preferably not a full TB, or at least not a really lightweight one.
So I certainly don't need a world beater, but would like a horse with even a little BE experience, just so it's not the blind leading the blind so to speak.
tongue.gif

My budget is 5k max really...and I just can't seem to find the above. Does BE experience immediately mean the horse is in the 6k bracket and above??
Would love any of you wonderful people to try and find me one- i'm sure they are out there, i just don't notice them on Horsemart!
Thanks
PS. Would probably prefer a gelding but that's being picky really.
PPS. I like coloureds. But that's being REALLY picky
grin.gif

Sarah_Star

Visit site
I know of one that is rising 7 and fantastic jump. Able to do PN easily, but has not affiliated yet. PM me if you want more details, it's on horsequest at the mo and there's a video if you want to look. It's in your price range!

Cash

Visit site
Nats_uk- Yep, 16.3 definitely too big I'm afraid- had a 16.3 last year and was physically just too much to do things with easily (ie getting back on from ground when i fall off
tongue.gif
). Thanks though.
SHREKandFLEURevent- am in the process of PMing you back
grin.gif

MightyMoose- have PM'd you.
smile.gif

Thanks all
smile.gif

ColouredFan

Visit site
I would think its possible if you look around, Have you considered loaning? there may be an ex eventer looking for a quieter life. When the time comes put a wanted ad on the main sales sites.