Is this woman being hounded unfairly?

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
And in your opinion the justice system doesn't take that in to account? So it is impossible to 'pay' adequately for some crimes, in which case I can see how that would be the case for murder, I can't see how that is the case for assault- which is only a magistrates case after all.

Or are we on an crimes against animals are less than those against people? Assault of a person versus causing unnecessary suffering to an animal?

I am honestly struggling to see that much difference myself, neither person was deemed to have commited a crime worthy of a prison sentence.

Alec Swan

Visit site
Alec, …….. . the comment from the trial sums it up for me ' a callous disregard' for animal welfare.

I never give to animal charities, preferring to concentrate on being of help to humans. It also seems strange to me how a puppy can be sold to a buyer who then transports it in the back of a car, and often for considerable distances and that's ok but a woman who travels puppies for the same distance, and then sells them is somehow wrong. I don't see it as callus disregard, I'd say that's a curious set of values.

Alec.

Pigeon

Visit site
Well blow my old boots, it's now a question of morality I see!

Those who've never been given the wrong change and said nothing, those who've never lied to a partner or parent, those who've never found a tenner and picked it up saying nothing, and those who've never farted in church can form an orderly queue.

Lily white are we all? :D

Alec.

I think what is troubling is the nature of her crime. She clearly shows that she is willing to compromise on animal welfare, when money is involved... That is exactly what competition horses need to be protected from!! So should she be hounded, maybe not, but I don't think she should have been given that position. It's weird that she applied for it in the first place!!