Is Top Spec worth the money?

0310Star

Visit site
I put my mare into top spec cool balancer a few weeks ago as I felt she was lacking a little something and the feed shop recommended I try it. I have to say I can already see a huge difference in how my mare is looking!
I also found it to be one of the cheaper options which is never a bad thing :)

CrazyMare

Visit site
Yup, I have 4 horses on it, all different ages and levels of work. All look fabulous, able to do their work without extra sillyness. Muscle tone and coats are fantastic, feet are tough as rock and grow well.

Plus ponies are super shiney.

corriehorse

Visit site
I put my slightly poor looking cushings mare on the laminitis balancer about 10 days ago. She has absolutely bloomed on it. Her coat feels lovely, despite a ton of grease and grime, she has a happy energy about her, and is picking up condition, allowing her to start developing some topline again.

Achinghips

Visit site
Top spec comprehensive balancer, with a good alfalfa chaff and work put great muscle mass on my big lad :D

The top spec calmer was the only one worked on my dizzy Tb mare

The conditioning cubes are fab, far superior to baileys.

LovesCobs

mancunian in Cheshire, actually now in Wales!
Visit site
ive used the lami balancer (Anti-Lam)as well, less money than the bluechip one and she did just as well on it (I tried both over a period of time)
I now have all mine on top chop light and their supplement (the all in one I think) I get the supplement in a large 20kg tub so its really cost effective) they all do really well on it and the lami poni doesn't need the balancer any more just the supplement. I hear good reports and have stuck with it myself:)

shampain

Visit site
Ditto all above. TopSpec comprehensive got the weight onto my skinny TB this winter where nothing else appeared to be having any influence whatsoever. Expensive, but more than worth the cost.

Orchardbeck

Visit site
I used the senior one to help put condition on my mare who was recovering from a colic episode which left her looking awful - she looked amazing after just a couple of weeks! So much so I had to swap her back to Antilam as I was worried she was putting on too much condition. I like it, and really rate the 10:10 joint supplement too.

Flora

Visit site
Had my broodmare on the stud balancer. After foaling, she looked great,still looked like she was due to foal!! Have my others and the foal on the balancers and would highly recommend it. My daughter has her ex racer, who has ulcers on it and he is a changed horse! After seeing the difference in him, a few others at her yard have changed their horses on to it and are impressed at the results.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
IMO, no it's not worth the money, although it is good stuff. You can get balancers that do as good a job, for an awful lot less money. I switched to Pink Powder from Too-Spec Balancer, and I thought both mine looked better on it to be honest ;)

If I were going to use a balancer now, I'd use Alltech Lifeforce as I think it's one of the best on the market.

Joeyjojo

Visit site
It's been fantastic for my mare, she looks absolutely wonderful on it. Super condition and very shiny coat. It's been the only thing I've tried that has turned her from a bit of a hat rack to a lovely well muscled horse!

nosenseofdirection

Visit site
I don't really understand the question as it works out cheaper than anything else I have ever fed! My mare has top spec light balancer and nothing else, except hay in the winter. I buy a bag every other month. She does really well on it. Other feeds I have used a lot more of, costing more and she did not look or feel as good as she does on this.

wiglet

Visit site
I used to feed it/swear by it but.... I don't use it at the moment - I appear to of fallen out of love with it :D

My veteran TB had crappy hooves so I switched to ProHoof along with a sugar free diet (as much as possible) and lots of linseed for weight (very fussy, poor doer). She looks great condition wise AND she's gone barefoot behind and her hooves look fantastic - best ever.

That said, I do like TopSpec so I might put my ISH back on it over Winter as she is a good doer and TS works out quite economical to feed.

Izzwizz

Visit site
I love their products and my 3 look amazing on them. The Lite version for 2 of them and the comprehensive "full fat" one for the skinny mare,used along with their Chop has put weight on her and she looks amazing. The other 2 good doers look great, can't rate their products enough.

monkeybum13

Visit site
It is worth emailing companies for their full ingredients list and doing the comparison yourself. I did when looking into feeding my old mare and top spec wasn't as good as other brands for what I wanted to feed.

TwoStroke

Visit site
Nope. Used the comprehensive balancer for my TB for a while, after reading the rave reviews on here. I noticed no change whatsoever, so ditched it. He's now on forage plus which really suits him - I never new he had (bay) dapples until I started using FP balancers :D.

thatsmygirl

Visit site
I used it and ended up with crap feet and no other difference what so ever but than I was feeding equimins advance complete before which has a far far better spec and they looked a picture of health so have gone back to that.

I honestly believe it depends on the horses pervious nutrition intake to weather topspec seems great or not, a good vit/min supplement will do the same at a far less price tag but a lot aren't fed the correct amounts of feed or the correct feed so balancers are handy but most are quite low in goodness, none come close to equimins.

moana

Visit site
I used the Topspec Leisuretime Balancer. I thought it expensive BUT it goes a long way and lasts a long time, and it seemed very effective. So, yes, worth the money.

maisie06

Visit site
I used it last year and he did look ok but his coat was never right. I gave up paying a fortune for Topspec and now have him on A&P Slim and healthy and micronised linseed, he looks fantastic, feels fantastic and I have been able to cut out all supplements and balancers and my pocket is happy too!