Is your horse(s)...

druid

Visit site
"bomb proof"?

My lot certainly are, this is what happens any time we pass this farm - there's 4 of them at us btw.

Nic

Visit site
The little one is, someone nearby has a helicopter & it has taken off next to Gus & he didn't bat an eyelid.

Dubh - not so much, he almost had me off at a crow today
blush.gif

JAK

Visit site
Dunno about 'bomb proof'.....'dog proof' certainly!
grin.gif

Bl**dy farm collies - no wonder so many of the b*ggers get run over!
tongue.gif

GTs

Visit site
I think that would not have bothered either of my old horse! Now if you want to see bomb proof you need to meet Chico. We had a police car go screaming in the lane next to us, lights and sirens - he did not care a bit!

druid

Visit site
We've had ambulances with lights and sirens...not an eye lid batted! No notice taken of an air ambulance either.

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
As long as PF can see them coming and they don't stare at her like gunfighters before hurtling towards her, she's absolutely fine with dogs... HOWEVER, if you were to wrap said dogs in plastic bags it would be a completely different matter!

RunToEarth

Visit site
I need my horses to be as sane as possible, so I can say that they all are at home, and at bekkas, because I hack out onto busy roads, and I cant afford them not to be. Saying that Oshka has his moments, he hates wheely bins.

crackerjack

Visit site
Mine certainly is, we had a police car rush past at 50mph with lights and sirens literally a metre away from him and he didnt bat an eyelid!

MillionDollar

Visit site
Have to say Yes.

Especially to 4 dogs barking at their heels, thats what my 4 do, lol. The horses just completely ignore them like yours did.

In a way its quite good for my youngster, when i drive him down the fields the 4 dogs run around him and he just gets on with it, lol.

Blazingkate

carlingblacklabel.piczo.com
Can I have your horses please!!
tongue.gif
My horse would probably have jumped 6ft to the right at them dogs.. or stamped on them! He's fun to hack out! He rarely does anything dangerous, but wheelie bins, skips, road signs, people, buses, barking dogs, sheep in a field, plastic bags, black cars, they are all very scary. Tractors and lorries etc are fine though!

Fiona

Visit site
Hate collie dogs who do that, though think it is even worse the ones who very quietly sneak up behind, and then bark at or nip horse.
Sophie is not bombproof, a cow chased her on Friday evening (footpath along the edge of a field) and she was v scared, also scared of birds esp pheasants.
Ben is totally bombproof.
Flora is fairly good for a 5yo TB, much better than Sophie.

Fiona

4whitesocks

Visit site
he's fine with dogs, chickens, cats....trains at 100 miles and hour BUT see wheelie bins - apparently they are devil's creatures sent to eat him up....

horses eh!!

Clodagh

Visit site
They aren't wheelie bins, they're daleks!

Dixie thinks all pigeons are out to get her.

As for dogs, I have to pass a pack of dobes behind an invisible fence, well Dixie can't see it, so to her it ain't there...were 'tranter' past and generaly hold up the traffic!
Am impressed by yours, Druid!

my horse is not only not bomb proof but positivly spooky!!!!
so i will hazzard a guess to say that no she would NOT have coped with that AT ALL
grin.gif

flyingfeet

Visit site
Yep ours would have all been happy with that. Bit naughty of the owners to let their dogs out and chase you down the road IMHO.

Its cows and crisp packets that I have to be careful with!

CastleMouse

Visit site
Yup, Cass is completely and utterly "bombproof". I was coming home from a hack and there was an awful storm, thunder and fork lightening in the field next to the road, Castle didn't even notice
smile.gif

GTs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
We've had ambulances with lights and sirens...not an eye lid batted! No notice taken of an air ambulance either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if she learns to pull a cart, I might have a job for her.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
My boy is pretty bomb proof but my friend's scared of black & white cows. He's so bloody daft he went to a show & some kids were entering the fancy dress & had dressed their pony as a cow. Black & white sheet, horns & an inflated rubber glove under it as the teet. .........He freaked. He was at the back of the queue when brains & courage were handed out.

clipclop

Visit site
Arrrrggghhh!! Wheelie bins, dustbins, dustbin bags, people who are standing still are all creations of the devil and should be avoided at all costs.

Dogs, large lorries, huge pink castles (Don't ask), steam engines, diggers, generators, strimmers, lawnmowers, building sites, tractors and implements all absolutely no problem whatsoever!!
tongue.gif

It is those things that do not move that shouldn't be trusted!!
shocked.gif

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
those collies remind me so much of the bloody collie at the end of the lane from the yard. It lays and waits for you then runs out and snarls. I thought it was going to spare us the other week (it was B's first time out at this yard and we'd just left another horse so he was pretty wound up anyway), Nope, the stoopid thing ran out, yapped and tried to get his hock. B thenkfully kicked out at it and it ran off. It chases car wheels too.
I think having to go past this should make B pretty bomb proof. He is already, well, for a 3yo, cars are fine, tractors we've not encountered yet, but a pile of wood? scary...

PoppyPony

Visit site
we had a motorbike up our bum on a vvv windy day...i was freaking out while he just happily plodded on not batting an eyelid...the bike was revving and everything!

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
No she's not bombproof - although she wouldn't mind the dogs - after having a run in with two double decker buses on the same hack she's now not 100% sure of traffic
frown.gif

She's also a bit giddy - but behaves herself whenever she can!
wink.gif
tongue.gif
hehe!
Kate x