Is your horse your life?

Evas_Owner

Visit site
Is your horse your life or do u have time for anything else. I have no life i work with horses and then come home to my own, i starting to feel like i have forgotten how to be social.

ibot

Visit site
i go to a yard where i am schooling a young mare but i am totally devotted to her. which is terrible as i am married with kids but i count down the time till i see her.
now i think that is sad but she is sooo pretty..... do you think i am gay??

amanda1788

Visit site
I am the same, i have no social life, any time when i am not at uni i will be at the yard, and in the holidays i basically live there lol.
smile.gif

Evas_Owner

Visit site
No your not gay, just mad about your mare!! My friends which dont know anything about horses think im well strange and just cant understand what all the fuss is about. When im out with them and start talking about horses they roll there eyes and have a bored look on there faces!

ibot

Visit site
ah stop i get that all the time. i go to the yard for an hour and time just vanishes i think there might be some sort of anomally there!!!!!!
where is mulder and scully when you need them?

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Our daughter has been away at Cricklands for the past week with our horse.....It's been terrible at home without both of them.....missed them so much
frown.gif
& are off to see them jump in a final tomorrow. It isn't until they're away we realise how much a part of our lives our horse is. To be honest, sad as it seems, our lives revolve around his.......... but we wouldn't have it any other way!
smile.gif

Cop-Pop

Visit site
If they weren't my life I think they'd pack up and go find a better Mummy...
tongue.gif
I find time to squeeze in some photography to feed my other addiction and manage to keep the dog walked... They allow me to go to work as it keeps them in carrots and polos.
grin.gif

Parkranger

Visit site
I love my horses but no, they're not my life. My boyfriend, family and best mates are.....

I devote alot of time to them and the thought of them not being around is horrible but other things are more important....

pocket

Visit site
Yes, my horse is my life and my mates at work even ask how he is now, more like my other half than my horse
grin.gif

Marchtime

Visit site
Definitely the largest part of my life.
Trying to juggle uni (law degree), two horses on DIY, a part time job, social life and a boyfriend has made the last three years very hectic. I'm actually looking forward to getting a 9 - 5 job because I might actually be able to afford to put the horse on livery and pony is off to retirement with parents! Who knows, sometime next year I might fit in a ride!

Merlotmonster

Visit site
A large part of my life, yes, but definately not my life. My family and friends come first. The horses are how I enjoy my spare time but I dont sacrifice everything else for them.

Angelbones

Visit site
Horses are my life in that they are my job and my hobby and that pretty much excludes anything else. I am single now and sometimes think about trying to find someone else but all my mates are horsey and paired up and in fact I am the only single person I know! I fall out of bed at the weekend and head off to the yard and sometimes wonder how on earth I'd find someone who was prepared for that, and no lying in bed, heading out for breakfast, leaving bbqs at weekends at 4pm to get the horses in etc. I've decided that nobody would want to take 2nd place to all that so I've given up the idea and will just stay single until the horses are all gone and my daughter has left home...by which time I'll look like an old jute rug with hands like leather and will have no conversation unless its horse related so nobody will want me then either!

Native Speaker

Visit site
No. Four years ago I made radical changes to my lifestyle that meant I have more time for him. Previoulsy I only saw him once a week due to work commitments.
frown.gif
Now I see him at least every other day (when I can't OH steps in), and although I still work, I have much more free time during the week to enjoy my horse. It's a balancing act, and I think i've got it about right now.
smile.gif

Spot_the_Risk

www.animalcrackersdevon.co.uk
Horses, OH, parents, friends, dogs, the businesses, they all take time and have varying degrees of enjoyment and commitment, but they are all part of my life. I think the juggling act may be a little more under control soon, and allow me more horse time, not just riding, but general faffing around too.

merlinsquest

Visit site
Not my life..... but a nice part of it
grin.gif

I cant be ruled by him as there are children and husband to think of, but we all need a hobby and he is mine!!

Some days I will spend all day at the yard, others (like today) there are other things to enjoy... like watching OH clean my minging trailer, and visit my dad to celebrate his 80th birthday..

Stella

Visit site
My kids have grown-up and left home (phew!) and a lot of OHs time is taken up with football. I think it must be very difficult and different with small children. My youngest was 19 when I started riding!

As for where I am up to with my mare - I dropped one day a week at work, so I could spend more time with her! I have 20% less money and she still gets everything I'd like her to have, inevitably the best of everything
blush.gif

vickers22

Visit site
I probs have the best of both worlds because i am a boarder at school, however only have 5 weeks left!so i get weekends with him and holidays, and week days with mates. But i would love to have all the time to be with my horse, although I do like having a bit of a social life
smile.gif

Daphnelia

Visit site
They are in the sense that my life does seem to revolve around them at the moment, be it tending to their needs or working to keep them. I am a full time student in addition to working two jobs, and training for my bhs stages, and of course the two ponies. I have a modest social life when I have the energy for it. Life is a bit too hectic at the moment, I wouldn't do it again
crazy.gif

xxx

danni1986

Visit site
I'm at uni and whilst i love to see my mates and go out, i miss my mare soooo much, especially as she is in foal! I spend most of my spare time looking for horsey related stuff and when I'm home, i just love spending time with her! SO SAD...but i wouldnt have it any other way!! defo theraputic, and my horses helped me get through my teens!!! (i do like to go out and get quite drunk tho
blush.gif
)

Tiggy72

New User
Visit site
My horse, Scott, was my life for the last 12 happy years till his arthritic legs finally failed him just before Christmas
frown.gif

Some people said I'd now have my life back and things would be fine, but after 4 months of extra long walks for the dog and wasting time on the internet (ehem!) I am starting to look for a new equine friend so I can get back to normal!

They can be time consuming, and maybe not entirely right to say they are your life (esp. if you have a hubby and / or kids), but they are definitely your way of life, and the best stress reliever in the world, so we are all privaledged to spend time with them and none of us should ever wish to change that.

Sorry I went all a bit too serious then but ....well....it's true
smile.gif

sandr

Visit site
Pretty much yes
frown.gif
. I dont have any friends and my family live over 100 miles away.

Kids are at school so apart from maybe opening a bottle of wine at lunch time, i dont have anything else to do.

At least i know i have to drive in the evening so cant drink.