Isabelle werth saddle similar style wider pony?

smiggy

Visit site
If I like riding in a wintec Isabelle saddle, any ideas what I could look out for that would give a similar feel for me but fit a wider steed?
I like the deep seat, leg position and suede seat ( pretty much everything about the saddle !)

smiggy

Visit site
A fell and a cob, think I can just get away with it on Coblet but would need wider for fell. Though am getting saddler to check it.am looking for alternatives in case they say too narrow
Thank you

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
I would try and forget what you like about the saddle and simply find a saddle fitter that has models what may fit the shape, even if the headplates are wide enough the rails ie tree shape in the Isabell isn't going to suit most native backs.

smiggy

Visit site
I realise that I need to find a saddle to fit the horse but I have dodgy hips and would like to find something I find comfortable as well. Not a case of what saddle suits me best but which saddle of those that would fit my horse am I likely to like and hence start my search.
I have found some hoop tree saddles give a very wide seat and I would prefer to avoid those.

Equi

Visit site
I have hip problems and i always like kieffers. ive tried a good few saddles inc a issabelle and always went back to the kieffer my friend let me borrow and ended up buying one.

NealaTorin

Visit site
Have an ideal here for the big hunter who is wide and it has a really nice twist to the seat. If it's only the twist that you are hoping to keep for your hips I'd tell the saddler that, he will know what he has with a better more hip friendly twist.
I have an old knee Injury and sitting too wide really hurts, out of all the saddle here I have personally found the 2 ideals have a lovely twist, followed by black county then collegiate, but there is a vast difference in twist from the ideals to the other 2.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
I realise that I need to find a saddle to fit the horse but I have dodgy hips and would like to find something I find comfortable as well. Not a case of what saddle suits me best but which saddle of those that would fit my horse am I likely to like and hence start my search.
I have found some hoop tree saddles give a very wide seat and I would prefer to avoid those.

Actually very few wider horses need hoop trees, just a variation in narrower and wider heads. I find that very few horses can't take a narrow to medium twist, its how upright the rails are, and how flat front to back, that is really critical. Too many brands are made for more of a riding horse shape and have too curved a tree, too high a pommel and cantle for flatter, wider backs. Some have been mentioned here!