Iska prances perfectly round Purston..... (well, sort of.)

rotters13

Visit site
Well perfectly may be a lie but since no one else seems to have gone to Purston it seems I have to break the bottle.

So! After being eliminated in the SJ for our last outing, (Novice) I decided that I did not really want to spend £65 for a dressage test and half a SJ round and entered the 100 at Purston. Last year we got stuck by the wooden llamas at the base of a bank so needless to say I was absolutely thrilled when I saw they were by the novice fence this year!

Warmed up for the dressage being attacked by flies and went in. I thought she did a really nice test although with tail swishing in canter (due to pesky, annoying, biting flies) but a really super free walk so came out quite pleased and guessed at 35.

Due to the about a 4 hour gap went to go and walk the XC which looked quite nice. Decided to take the alternative at the water as we haven't gone XC in so long and didn't want to risk not being able to drop in! Checked my dressage mark to discover that I was leading on 29!!!! Cue a very happy me and lots of polos for pony!

Got back and tacked up for the SJ so I got down there to jump for my time so I was REALLY REALLY annoyed to discover when I got there that there were 28 people all standing there with a system of numbers down. So immediately turned round and tied my horse back up again for another 20 minutes. Gr.... Warmed in really nicely and went in feeling quite excited until my darling horse pretended that she had never seen a SJ in her life and promptly decided to attempt to stop at the first. Not impressed but booted her really hard and we somehow took off and we then preceeded in a similar fashion around the course which (god only knows how) resulted in a clear. Not particularly impressed but hey ho.

Changed for XC as fast as I could and set off with my foot quite close to the metal as did not want any time penalties. We got round clear, with a particularly interesting moment over the trekahner which most definitely had a dragon in it and went back to the board to discover that I HAD WON!!!!

Lots and lots of pats and polos for pony, who finished 15 seconds inside the time including an alternative so may have slightly misjudged that. Next stop is the BE 100 at Tweseldown on Saturday. Anyone else going?

Bowl of alpen and a cup of tea for all those who read this far!

AandK

Visit site
WOW!! Well done, what a fab result!! :)

I'm doing the BE90 at Tweseldown on Sat, I will be early to start though as I am 6th in my section. Good luck!

Rosiefan

Visit site
Fabtastic, very well done! Rosie had 3 at Purston in the PC 100 section on Saturday (I didn't go so no report) and she said the flies were awful and it was incredibly hot. Did you get a prize as well as a frilly and a load of FPs?
Good luck at Tweseldown :).

Bubblegum

Visit site
Great result! Congratulations. :)
We were there for the Junior Novice, and were thrilled with our boy. Did just what we wanted him to, so very happy. Flies were a major problem! :(
Purston is a lovely event though, and the sections are always tough...so a winning result there is truly excellent. :) :)

NR99

Visit site
Yay go Iska, I saw your placing and hoped you would do a report. Hmmm llamas a place to avoid with Piggy then, they didn't have them when we went a couple of years ago. Think we need to get her a llama/alpaca companion if they are going to keep popping up.

Not at Twesledown as R and Pig having a week off as doing PC areas the week after.

Nx

Little Legs Eventing

Visit site
ROTTERS! You legend! What a fabuloso result! Well done :) J will be at Tweseldown on Sunday doing the PNP so say hello to him if you're about. I'm working abroad at the moment so I probably won't be back until next season. Good luck for Saturday!