Isn't it amazing

parsley

Visit site
Just when ponies are being their naughtiest they can throw you a crumb and you snatch it up thinking they are brilliant! Took my son for a ride on his pony today - had a lovely walk around a bridle path (thankgod for the new yard) followed by 10 mins in the school where my son finally seems to be understanding that to get him to canter requires a slow, powerful trot rather than a faster and faster flat out trot. Son and I came away smiling happily thinking pony is hansome and lovely.

I'll just have to try lunging him again tommorow to try and get things in perspective!
grin.gif

parsley

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
LOL! I'm sure these moments are the only real reason any of us has horses or ponies!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew there must be something - today I have spent nearly £50 on them, spent 40 mins hosing Bombers leg, an hour trying to persuade pony to go into the lorry for a packet of polos and some feed for 20 mins of good behaviour and enjoyment for my son
grin.gif

ruscara

Visit site
I do love to hear of your son's progress. I am glad you kept the pony for him - I know you were wondering whether to or not - as he is gaining his confidence on him. All the hard work, expense and worry must be worth it, otherwise we wouldn't do it - would we?
crazy.gif

JAK

Visit site
Ha ha, ponies are good at this sort of thing - the ittle monsters know full well which side their bread is buttered on really! LOL

The more 'success' your son has with the pony, whether that be achieving a decent canter or whatever, will help his confidence of course, which in turn will help him ride better, the pony will go better for him - it's a 'win win' situation really!

Just gotta keep a close eye on them & be prepared to step in quickly if it all starts going wrong, as small children can get very disheartened again just as quickly, certainly to start with!
Well done to him & the small furry Welsh one though!
smile.gif

parsley

Visit site
Maurius mum - I am glad I kept him as he does enjoy having him - sometimes I wonder when I see other ponies at the yard with children the same age as my son. They can get their ponies from the field, tack them up and ride off on them - I wouldn't dream of letting my son do these things on Remmy (I am not sure he would be able to catch him even!). BUT I know that he is learning to ride very well - there have been lots of comments about how well he rides and although I know that people tend to just say nice things there was no need for them to comment at all. - JAK - I do still worry when he rides, although not nearly as much - I acutally RAN
shocked.gif
to the car yesterday when I realised that we had forgotton his schooling whip. Why did I run? Because he would be in the school on Remmy on his own for all of 1 minute!!!
blush.gif