It is worth sending away?

noodle_

Visit site
Have pony up for sale

Had a lot of Interest from quite frankly idiots. Wanting her for nothing and not the types of homes I'd want for her

So someone said to me why not send her away for schooling - cost me about £400 (4 weeks ?) and she's easily a 3k mare after a couple of shows. As it stands ATM she's on for £1750, but no offence to some (and me)! This is looking at much lower offers (1200 or less ) and just attracting idiots - I had her up for sale back in feb before backing for half the price and still all time wasters

So is it worth sending her away? I want a good home for her and need ideally 2k in my bank

Were in Cheshire if any reccomends?

MagicMelon

Visit site
I dont really see how she'd jump up £1250 just from going to a couple of shows and 4 weeks schooling? Could you not just school her further yourself and take her out? The usual rate seems to be £2,500 for something at a bog standard level (basic schooling and a jumping small courses). Unfortunately you'll probably still get plenty of timewasters even at a higher price, the horse world is full of them! For my last horse, I had FIVE people in a row book to view and then just not bother to turn up... no phone call to cancel, nothing.

Also would wonder if you could get a decent schooling service for only £100 a week (assuming that includes full livery?). Round my way (which I would think is cheaper than down south) it starts at £120/£130 a week for this sort of thing.

noodle_

Visit site
I should have said ive already underpriced her tbh

I guess really looking for that lite higher end in the market and not the total idiots who haven't a clue??

The market ima iming for ATM gets more idiots than god knows what!

buddylove

Visit site
Would definitely recommend Aileen Feeney at Foxmoss Sports Horses in Nantwich and Liv Catton from Byley, both fab, quiet lightweight riders who are out successfully competing on a regular basis.

noodle_

Visit site
Timewaster I've had asking everything about her and then telling me they have a limited budget and when pressed limited means a couple of hundred

I don't mind people asking loads and saying thanks but not for me - but those who ask then drop on they actually have no money really takes the piss

be positive

Visit site
Just out of curiosity - what do people classify as a "timewaster"?

I rarely encounter timewasters when selling as I usually screen people well before allowing them to view, a clear ad also helps but recently I have had 2 lots who were timewasters, the first were in no position to buy until they had sold the pony that they had not even advertised, definitely a waste of time for all involved especially as they loved the horse and traveled a long way to try him. The second had less money than he was advertised for, while we were open to offers having only half the price and not saying so until after viewing was taking the p*** somewhat, if she had been honest before coming we may have been able to come to an arrangement if she had offered the ideal home.

To the OP I think that you would struggle to get her up to £3k with a few weeks schooling, she is still young and it is that that will hold down the price, which in turn is what attracts the less capable people, it is miles on the clock that puts the price up, unless the horse has some serious potential that can be sold, an average type of youngster will only become valuable once it has proved itself as a decent allrounder that can do ok in all spheres, safe to hack being high up the list for most people, that is what I would do with her, get her hacking well and popping a few fences sweetly so someone can see what she will become with another year under her belt.

WindyStacks

Visit site
Ah ok - phew, I'm innocent then! ;) I wouldn't bother going to look at one clearly over budget. I just wondered if people classified timewaster as people who go to look then say "no, not for me". Although so far I'm innocent on that count too!

be positive

Visit site
Ah ok - phew, I'm innocent then! ;) I wouldn't bother going to look at one clearly over budget. I just wondered if people classified timewaster as people who go to look then say "no, not for me". Although so far I'm innocent on that count too!

Going to look but not wanting to buy is no problem as long as you would be in a position to if the horse was everything you wanted, not having the funds is different unless you are clear before going that the horse is slightly over budget, even if you want it, can afford it there is no harm in making a sensible offer but be realistic not insulting if you like the horse.

noodle_

Visit site
Tbh if she dosent sell I would rather keep her another year. But se needs schooling so I can get her straight out competing and putting some miles on the clock. I don't want too but I'd rather do that than give her away to a less than suitable home :)

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I'm so confused! I thought that she was up for 2.5k?

I think if anyone has several ads running for the same horse, all with different prices, it does make me wonder about things. Is there a problem? Has it failed the Vet? Maybe they really need to sell, hence the apparent price drops? would they take an offer?

If you do have ads up with different prices, it would be worth taking them down, schooling her, get her out to shows and then re advertise with consistent information.

If I've got the wrong end of the stick - I apologise.

Timewasters are a pain and you've definitely had your share already. i hope that you find the perfect home for her soon. :)