Italian Horse Names!! ASAP

ct495

New User
Visit site
We have recently bought a 16hh 6yr old TB from an 4* eventing lady called Vittoria Panizzon, his stable name is Sunshine which is fne but his formal name is Affectionate Squeeze which i am not perticularly keen on! As Vittoria is Italian i would like for him to have an italian name and i quite fancy having a name for my horse in Italian. It would be good if it could have some sort of connection with either his formal or stable name. Let me know any of your ideas! C :)

Spudlet

Visit site
Tesoro - Treasure, or Tesorino - Little Treasure

La Dolce Vita - the good life

In Bocca Lupo - means literally 'in the wolf's mouth' - it's the same as saying 'break a leg' for luck, comes from the story of Romulus and Remus:)

Vixxy

Visit site
Not loving my new horses name Gino - Redpath Ranger. Gino just reminds me of a wanna be pretend Italian stallion with a gold medallion around his neck and bryl cream in the hair lol :D He has had the name from birth with one owner since the breeder and he is now 6yrs so I won't change it!

He is so grey he is white so his show name seems odd lol, but I think it is something to do with his dams name which is Redpath Georgina. His sire is Randi, he really looks like his dad in both height and colouring :)

No idea of Italian names though hun, think of looking through google translate, putting in the English and see what comes up in Italian or look through an English/Italian dictionary for ideas?

Spudlet

Visit site
Girasole - Sunflower

Sognatore - Daydreamer

Adoratore del Sole - sun worshipper

Volatore - Flyer

Buon Volatore - High Flyer

Ippocastano - Horse Chestnut:D

Liocorno or Unicorno - unicorn

JVB

Visit site
Sunshine is 'luce del sole'
Greatness 'grandezza'
Beauty 'bellezza'
Handsome boy 'bel ragazzo'

Google does a pretty good translation, just type in what you want

Fairynuff

Visit site
We have recently bought a 16hh 6yr old TB from an 4* eventing lady called Vittoria Panizzon, his stable name is Sunshine which is fne but his formal name is Affectionate Squeeze which i am not perticularly keen on! As Vittoria is Italian i would like for him to have an italian name and i quite fancy having a name for my horse in Italian. It would be good if it could have some sort of connection with either his formal or stable name. Let me know any of your ideas! C :)
Bacio del Sole=Sun Kiss
Coccolino Solare or Coccolini Solare = Coccolino means cuddle, coccolini-cuddles. Solare means sunny (of the sun), so......Coccolino Solare=Sunny Cuddle or cuddles. Coccolino is pronounced kokoleeno with the 'o' as in 'orange'. Solare is sol-arri.
Bacio is baco with the c pronounced as CHurCH, the i isnt pronounced and the final 'o' as in Over. Sole is pronounced solly. Lovely looking horse, Im sure you will have fun together.

HarrieC

Visit site
Just PM'd you!

I know Sunshine very well! :) He's a lovely horse, who we brought over from Ireland as a 3yr old. I backed him and rode him out everyday. Would be lovely to know what he's up to.

xx

easterntrainer

Visit site
Mamma Mia (This is group race horse in Turkey)

Testarosso ( If it a chesnut this will be good.this is a retired Turkish race horse name.and a famous Ferrari model. I'm sorry I'm don't create)

Cavallino Rampante (emblem of the Ferrari)

Nemi

New User
Visit site
raggio di sole - which means sun ray
raggio di luce - light ray
sole - sun
abbraccio soleggiante - literally it means "sunny hug" but i have no idea what a similar translation would be in english
mezzogiorno - noon
tramonto- sunset
l'alba - the sunrise
and thats all i can think of atm for the sunshine bit... :p and as for affectionate squeeze.. i wouldnt knw the exact translation or anything similar in italian as i dont think that we have any.... (i'm italian) :D

Spudlet

Visit site
abbraccio soleggiante - literally it means "sunny hug" but i have no idea what a similar translation would be in english

Sun kiss? As in sun kissed?

I don't know about the OP, but reading these and thinking a few up has certainly given me loads of ideas of what my future horse's posh name will be:D