Itchy horse

marie_d_3

Visit site
Can anyone help? My horse is very itchy and will get down and roll on the lunge given half a chance. I know the time of year doesn't help with coats changing, but I was wondering if anyone has had an success with supplement or has any ideas what the underlying cause is?

Wrong time of year for flies and he is not fed any grains, molasses or alfalfa. He was tested for allergies by his previous owner and they all came back negative

Thanks in advance

RLS

Visit site
My boy was very itchy and I know he's prone to sweet itch in the summer. I read a few posts on here about Brewers Yeast, so I've started giving him that. Early days yet, but iIthink it is helping.

noodle_

Visit site
mine has mites (went bald on her back because of this)

shes now become very itchy, i think the coat dosent help either tbh - mites or lice are easy to treat just irritating!!!

just a thought?

:)

_daisy_

Visit site
I have a haffy that loves to rub for no apparent reason. She rubs herself raw. Its not just one specific part of her body either, face, ears, legs, quarters you name it. Vets cant pin point thd problem even though theyve done skin scrapings etc. Sweet itch has been ruled out. She wears a fly rug from end of winter to start of winter.
We started feeding feedmarks equi-dermis plus with fantastic results. She immediately stopped rubbing. She hardly has any feed through the summer, just a handful so she can gave her supplement.

ThePony

Visit site
Have an itchy one too, simply loves her rolls! She does have sweetitch, but is an itchy sort anyway. She does alot better being on the cool side. Keep her mildly warm and she is very itchy and not a happy soul. Keep her cooler than you'd like and she is happy and enormously less itchy and rubby. She is also on microionized linseed which has helped her skin health too.