It's a good thing I like her (a bit)

deb_l222

Visit site
Or I would have to kill her :)

Lovely walk Saturday morning, Willow off lead, having a run, all is good with the world, walked home fine. By Saturday evening she's as lame as a lame thing can possibly be. Problem is, it's her supposed 'good' leg that's gone, which is a real worry because it carries the burden for the really 'bad' leg.

Both patellas luxate - left knee was operated on, with little success. It still pops out from time to time but her right knee was relatively stable, until Saturday!!

I'm only guessing it's her knee of course, my wonderful vet will confirm tonight. I don't like to mess because I've no idea what I'm feeling for. She didn't warrant an emergency callout as she was weight bearing by yesterday, albeit tentatively. For a young dog, she's very fragile!

If she needs surgery again, I may well have to kill her :)

Even took a video Saturday morning but this was just to show how filthy she was. I've looked and looked but can't see anything lame about her, other than her slightly normal 'wonky' gait due to the lack of proper foot on the back left. It's her back right that's gone, if anyone can see anything I can't :)

Blimey, that was hard work. Managed to get the video in one of the comments

KXIa7LF.jpg

Last edited:

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Presumably you’ve had a very good look at the paw and felt for heat? She seems quite short behind, like possibly she’s feeling something and restricting herself?

I hate to mention it, but as she’s probably weight bearing far more on her right hind, do you think she might have damaged her cruciate? It’s just such a typical springer thing.

deb_l222

Visit site
Presumably you’ve had a very good look at the paw and felt for heat? She seems quite short behind, like possibly she’s feeling something and restricting herself?

I hate to mention it, but as she’s probably weight bearing far more on her right hind, do you think she might have damaged her cruciate? It’s just such a typical springer thing.

Yep, she has always favoured her right leg but that’s the one with the proper foot and it’s also ever so slightly longer than the left.

Been to the vets tonight and she showed no reaction whatsoever to anything the vet did. Her knee is wobbly but it wasn’t out. Vet is thinking possible cruciate but we’re erring on the side of caution and resting for several days and going from there.

In all my days, I’ve never had a dog as fragile as her. She’s like a china doll with the personality of a wild bull :)

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Typical bloody springer! Jake was the same, stood on the leg he’d been operated on for a TPLO and cocked the other straight out of hospital. Bonkers.