Its been a year.. before and after

samisheen

Visit site
As title really, I have now had my rescue mare for a year, we have recently moved yards as better hacking and she has settled in really well, taking things nice and easy with her and just enjoying pottering about. so how do u think she is doing? before and after pics
602348_10150989977768153_1210249229_n_zps2a6da2c1.jpg

391213_10150989975268153_2068004364_n_zps33e448c6.jpg

2013-07-15092928_zpsc5640523.jpg

2013-07-15092937_zpsb9e6d389.jpg

:D

samisheen

Visit site
Dont know her history, I went to see her after she had been thrown in a field for 2 years, do know she was used for trotting at some stage and possibly had a couple of foals. When she arrived she was all over the place, wouldnt stand still, had no trust and just looked so sad and down trodden

samisheen

Visit site
Thank u suki, she is my life and she has just started to show me affection so am over the moon, she really is special :)

mollichop

Visit site
She looks good, slight tum but nothing to worry about.

My bay mare has lovely dappling like her too! :) The yard in the 1st pics looks really pretty - lovely barns!

samisheen

Visit site
thanks, yes slight tum which we are working on, couldn't hack from old yard, so now we can do plenty of hacking and also now have hills which is great for muscle and fitness

Antw23uk

Visit site
I think you can see the difference in her eyes, she looked so depressed and misserable when you first got her but now she looks happier and her coat is so shiny :D

Dont like the tieing up in the last pics though, looks unsafe as that fence will give before the bailing twine and you wouldnt be able to get to that leadrope to release if she was thrashing about because its so looped up! :eek:

samisheen

Visit site
Thanks everyone, I know tying up there isnt great, but was 30 seconds while i took pictures, She is a funny mare, she will only settle on the yard at the same place everytime, so i am gradually trying to get her used to the other end of the yard for tying up, the lead rope is tied so all i do is tug on the long bit and it undoes

Antw23uk

Visit site
Thanks everyone, I know tying up there isnt great, but was 30 seconds while i took pictures, She is a funny mare, she will only settle on the yard at the same place everytime, so i am gradually trying to get her used to the other end of the yard for tying up, the lead rope is tied so all i do is tug on the long bit and it undoes

I thought I was going to have to buy shares for a leadrope company when I got mine .. We went through about half a dozen in the first week :rolleyes:

First time I was shocked, 2nd time I really shouted at him ... Never again, his little face, he was so upset it broke my heart he was so upset that i'd shouted at him :eek:

samisheen

Visit site
she doesnt pull back on the leadrope luckily, she just shuffles her feet lol, her feet are much better, cracks grew out quickly, she has biotin and i use kevin bacon on them, she had some thrush through the winter but cleared that up nicely. Have found that she is slightly arthritic in her white leg so have started on superflex. once her muscles have started to develop with the hill work i will start trying to get her to realise its ok to canter, she does lovely in the field and also on the lunge, hoping the hill work and lead from another horse will help. will try and find a picture that shows her feet

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
I think she looks grand in the first set of pics, and the sun is shining in the second so of course the coat looks shiny. As to how she feels, well you'll be the best judge of that.

samisheen

Visit site
Thank you, maybe i am a little bias lol, its nice to hear from other people and their opinions are always very welcome.
thank you :D

Tickles

Visit site
Condition-wise I don't see a lot of difference either (looks fine in all) but thought her feet looked bad in first pics so that may be what you see a physical difference with.

But expression (and who knows, a pic is just a moment in time) looks much happier in the 'after' set.

Glad you're having fun with your lovely lady OP.

Andiamo

Visit site
very sweet :)
She looks like she's lost in space, lost in her own little world in the first pictures.

Then in the next set, wow! Beautiful girl :) - lovely kind loving expression on her face, and her coat is gleaming. She looks happy.

I know how it feels when they start to let go of their inhibitions and start to trust you, and to show affection, and become more bonded to you...you must feel amazing :))

Well done, she looks fab, and she's a lucky girl to have found you...

x

FionaM12

Visit site
Except that her feet look poor in the before photos and her ears are back, she looks pretty much the same to me. The main difference is the sunlight shining on her coat. :)

You know her better than anyone, and if you see a happier, healthier horse when you look at her (as opposed to a photograph) then that's all that matters. :)

Floxie

Visit site
Except that her feet look poor in the before photos and her ears are back, she looks pretty much the same to me. The main difference is the sunlight shining on her coat. :)

You know her better than anyone, and if you see a happier, healthier horse when you look at her (as opposed to a photograph) then that's all that matters. :)

This - I have plenty of 'dead-eye' photos of mine, if he's dozing and the light ain't great he doesn't look exactly sparkling! But really happy she's turned around and is doing well with you, that's what counts :)

Spring Feather

Visit site
I'm another who doesn't see any physical difference in him. He has dapples in the first pictures too, it's just the sun isn't shining on him :) He's a bit plump for my liking to be honest but then I'm naturally a TB girl. Regardless, he looks very sweet and you clearly adore him :)

moodymare123

Visit site
Wow some off you are really boosting the owners confidence... :-\
You have done a grande job well done! What are your plans with her now?!

samisheen

Visit site
Hi, everyone has different opinions which is fine, I obviously have seen the difference every day. The difference maybe slight but I have only had her a year and taking things very slowly.
Moodymare thank you very much, as said taking things very slowly, didnt have hacking at my old yard and also they were in 24/7 in the winter which is major reason why i moved, she has only been at new yard 3 weeks but has settled brilliantly. I am concentrating on hacking at the mo so she doesn't think everytime i tack her up she has to go in the school, we now have hills so working on building muscle, will then move onto canter work.
A few problems with her back so had chiropractor, last treatment was last week and she is coming back in 2 weeks to see how she is doing.
She really is special and has taken her a long time to trust me and realise that i am not gonna leave her.
No major plans for this year, may take her to a couple of flatwork clinics but will wait and see, still early days but i wouldnt be without her :)