It's been one of those weeks! Feel like giving up!

gembear

Visit site
Anyone else have those days/weeks/months where nothing seems to be going right and you just feel like throwing in the towel?

I've been feeling like that recently!
Horse is being difficult at every opportunity, getting more bolshy in his box, my riding is get progressively worse due to lack of time to ride/lack of instructor, everyone gives their two cents about how to ride/what to do at the yard etc..

I hate winter!

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
YUP - I have been having the week from hell here. In my case though, the only thing that going right is my pony and the lovely yard that I'm at ! Hubs and I go there for sanctuary !

Stephanotis

Visit site
You put your finger on it.......Winter! :( Not enough light, too much mud, sharp ponies eeeuuuugh. Once that morning arrives, and it won't be long now, when you can actually smell spring it will all start to look different.......promise :)

lurcherlu

Visit site
Fund out I was pregnant even though I have an implant, horse ripped itself a 9 inch LNG 3 inch deep cut in the field resulting in stitches, anti bs and lots of bute and box rest, wrote my car off yesterday and lost the baby.....

All I want to do is ride and ride and see how far away. Can get but my only get away vehicle is a Shetland pony belonging t my daughter.......

Roll on 2015

gembear

Visit site
lucherlu - really sorry to hear about your bad time. I feel like shutting up and getting on with it after reading that :(

gembear

Visit site
It's not just me then!
He was a total gent over the summer and this winter, he has more than challenged me. It's good in some respects, but then sometimes you just want to hop on and have a nice ride or a lovely schooling sesh instead of him throwing a tantrum.

Ho hum! Booked a new instructor so we'll see...

lunarlove

Visit site
yup I love horses, always have, worked with them most of my life......however really feel like jacking it all in right now!! Roll on summer and my bottle of red wine that is on its way when OH gets back for shops!! :)

lurcherlu

Visit site
Pits ok, have two beautiful kids, totally unplanned this time hence implant, found out Tuesday, horse cut itself I Friday, crashed car sat morning, and lost bubba sat evening ...... Today I'm just sore and drained, managed to spend a few hours pampering horse, tried giving he a hand graze but she bunny hopped so we gave up.... No one knew about the bubba, apart from my bf and boss, had to tell my sister when she took me hospital yesterday and told mum today when she found me in the stable crying into my horses neck. This year is meant to be my year, 2012 found out my husband was a cheat, 2013 dragged me through courts for him to have access to kids as he is bipolar 2014 was meant to my year, thank god. Ended 2013 on a high ... Hunted my 3.5 year old on Boxing Day, after breaking her in during summer...... Roll on end of February when I can get back on her :)

People on this forum have had much worse times than me..... All I want is to trudge through the muddy fields ATM and turn my horse out, having a rising 4 year old in solo on box rest is hard work, 6 months ago I couldn't keep her n a stable, so actually pretty proud of her !! May have to get her a calmer tho as she is on conditioning feed ATM cs she's a poor doer in winter, but the conditioning feed is making her boing boing boing every time I take her outside to change bandages etc ...... My poor nn horsey boyfriend s driving me and kids up and down to mums to sort the horse out and has to hold her for me todo her now cos I sprained my neck and have whiplash crashing the car oppppps

flintmeg

Visit site
:( Lu give me a shout if you need anything. Hopefully that will be it for the year. It's only jan got 11 more months to be awsome!!!! Think of shows and we will go up and play on the xc course! It will be good in the end! Xxx

lunarlove

Visit site
Pits ok, have two beautiful kids, totally unplanned this time hence implant, found out Tuesday, horse cut itself I Friday, crashed car sat morning, and lost bubba sat evening ...... Today I'm just sore and drained, managed to spend a few hours pampering horse, tried giving he a hand graze but she bunny hopped so we gave up.... No one knew about the bubba, apart from my bf and boss, had to tell my sister when she took me hospital yesterday and told mum today when she found me in the stable crying into my horses neck. This year is meant to be my year, 2012 found out my husband was a cheat, 2013 dragged me through courts for him to have access to kids as he is bipolar 2014 was meant to my year, thank god. Ended 2013 on a high ... Hunted my 3.5 year old on Boxing Day, after breaking her in during summer...... Roll on end of February when I can get back on her :)

People on this forum have had much worse times than me..... All I want is to trudge through the muddy fields ATM and turn my horse out, having a rising 4 year old in solo on box rest is hard work, 6 months ago I couldn't keep her n a stable, so actually pretty proud of her !! May have to get her a calmer tho as she is on conditioning feed ATM cs she's a poor doer in winter, but the conditioning feed is making her boing boing boing every time I take her outside to change bandages etc ...... My poor nn horsey boyfriend s driving me and kids up and down to mums to sort the horse out and has to hold her for me todo her now cos I sprained my neck and have whiplash crashing the car oppppps

Just wanna give you a big old hug, the winds will change soon as will your low patch :)

lurcherlu

Visit site
Better be !!! Saw flinty pics earlier ..... Omg. He needs to go out with breeze when she is fixed how cool would they look together !!! Yes lots of fun this summer managed to get use of a horse box too if we need it and reckon father would take us with the landy..... When breeze is fixed we wil do the penrose ride :) I'm giving myself small things to forward to, and the guy that took that awesome pic I got for my birthday said if we go marazion he wil take pics, digital rights t them Its only 6 quid so cheap and then. Can print what you want xx

flintmeg

Visit site
Oh I'm soooo pleased with him! He was such a good boy and him and zo really got on. She loves him! So I think I might end up losing my special blue boy lol. Haha piebald, blue roan and mix it together add red and you get a breeze lol!!! Karin also said I can borrow her trailer too :). Yes we will! I still have it mapped out on my OS app. OMG that would be amazing! Patchy poo LOVES the sea! I want to buy one of his from Boxing Day of me and Jenine.

gembear

Visit site
His newest thing is trying to snatch the reins out of my hands as soon as i give him a bit of slack. Half the time i'm actually giving him a pat and scratch to say "well done" then he just shakes his head up to pull on the reins.

Anyone got any idea why he's suddenly doing this/how I can get him to stop it?
Cheeky man.