It's getting closer!!!!!

mynutmeg

Visit site
My mare is due in the next 3-4 weeks or so and tonight she's starting to produce a little clear/amber fluid :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Not that I'm slightly excited about it all :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Spring Feather

Visit site
Lol :D

My first due mare will be at 320 days on Sunday, the rest (bar one) are all due the week after her. They are all bagging up well and looking in tip top shape. I won't start getting excited for mine until they've all passed 320 days. I'm still waiting for my new cctv cameras, don't want to use the other ones if I can help it, so hoping they turn up in time. The first mare usually foals through the day and she's the one who shouts to me when it's time so I'm not so bothered if they don't arrive for her, but I would like them for the others.

mynutmeg

Visit site
She's 311 days today :D

I've been excited for ages but it's getting really close now - I've had it in my head 'she's got about a month to go' and then I was looking at a calander at work today and kinda realised it's only 2 1/2 weeks until the 4th May which is when the vet reckons's she'll go, she's not 'due' till the 15th.

She's had a really big bag in the morning for weeks but onyl started having a decent amount there at night the last couple of days. And I swear she feels softer in her butt today although doesn't really look any different yet.

I kinda need to get my foaling kit together :rolleyes:

Magicmadge

Visit site
Something a little different here, my shetland mare is 285 days today. i put my camera up today but wont start watching properly for a month or so. She has a small bag in the morning but its soft again as she comes in at night. The foal is very active and she is looking pretty large.This will be her second foal but first with me. Im hoping for a colt but whatever it is it will stay here and go showing.

Victoria25

Visit site
How exciting ... arghhh so funny how last year we were all talking about puttuing them in foal now the time has come ... :eek: gone so fast ..

My girl is 328 days today, large udders but no sign of bagging up, very jellyfied bum and her girl bits look a lot slacker .. shes still galloping around the field like a nutter tho ... poor baby :( x

mynutmeg

Visit site
Roo is officially too big to gallop like a nutter anymore - she's sorta waddles and maybe does a few trot strides in the way to her dinner :D

mynutmeg

Visit site
Victoria - thats way to energetic for Roo!

She's going out and mooching around, eating maybe have a trot and a face pull at the gelding thats out with her :rolleyes:

She scared me the other day tho - I went to get her in and she was lying down (reasonably unusual for her), she got up and wouldn't use her back leg that she had been lying on. After abotu 5-10 minutes she improved and was back to normal - I think she had a 'dead leg' from all the weight lying on it :eek::eek:

Simsar

Visit site
2 @ 333 days 1 looking close perhaps another 5 days
1 @ 324 days maiden so watching just in case
1 @ 318 days not nearly ready yet, Pat this is the one you will be interested in.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Definitely Simsar! Really looking forward to see what they produce, should be very nice if Tara'a anything to go by.
Remember she gave hardly any signs last time and don't forget, she was an absolute b$gger to catch the first time out; thought poor filly would have an attack the speed and times she took her around our field!

mynutmeg

Visit site
Absolutely esp as she blew a big holeon her ddft in the other back leg about 18 months ago and I'm kinda going into massive overprotective mode with her.

On a good note I had a really good look at her and her butt is definately starting to loosen off :D

mynutmeg

Visit site
We have streams of milk/liquid when you 'milk' her today :D Her butts going all squishy and the tail haid is starting to stick up as well.

Have ordered the milk testing strips to come next week - argh, too much too do!!!!!!!

Spring Feather

Visit site
My first-due mare is 320 days tomorrow. She was lying down yesterday (uncommon for her to do this at this late stage) and having a bit of a moan. Today I was watching her poo and her tail laid flat on her back. I'm thinking she's not going to hold on too much longer either. I was checking my files on her and she's always foaled at between 325 - 328 days. I'm starting to get quite excited now too :)

Choccie

Visit site
I have a maiden mare 328 days, but very little bagging up and teats are still tucked up, but she's slackening off over her quarters. CCTV camera goes up on Thursday, otherwise foaling box ready just need to lay the straw down, and foaling bucket on stand by. She gave me a fright Thursday morning when she didn't greeet me with her head over the stable door whinning for her breakfast, but she was just having a wee!

PorkChop

Visit site
We have streams of milk/liquid when you 'milk' her today :D Her butts going all squishy and the tail haid is starting to stick up as well.

Have ordered the milk testing strips to come next week - argh, too much too do!!!!!!!

Very exciting :D good luck and enjoy :)

cruiseline

www.ipcmedia.com

Sounds like the milk strips might arrive a little too late for your mare!! Good luck, looking forward to seeing goalie pics very shortly :)

mynutmeg

Visit site
Sounds like the milk strips might arrive a little too late for your mare!! Good luck, looking forward to seeing goalie pics very shortly :)

I think she's got another couple of weeks to go - she's only 316 days today. She's got a huge bag in the morning but it's gone down a decent amount by the evening but I don't think it will be more than another couple of weeks.

And my new super-duper cctv cameras arrived on Thursday :D

Am getting hold off little wireless baby monitor type that does infrared - can get for about £15 off Ebay so I don't have to disturb her while watching and won't miss it between checks. Am determined to see this :p:p

Scarlett

Visit site
It's exciting, eh? :)

My girl is 331 days today, no bagging up yet but her teats are getting bigger and she has loosened off behind, she's out overnight at the moment but I have bought in the straw and put a camera up in anticipation. She is still galloping across the field to get her feed, though she definitley has a waddle!

Victoria25

Visit site
Ohh ladies, exciting times :D

Sophia is now on day 333 ... teats big but no bag as yet ... jelly bum, extremely pointy bum and a very wiggly child inside ... exciting!!!!!!!:D

aregona

Visit site
Such a nice thread to read ;)

My mare was most definitely not meant to be in foal and as a result we are not 100% on the due date (we only found out in Feb she's infoal) but we've narrowed it down to a due date of may 13th and the scan measurements we've had done confirm this.
She's known for aborting at 303 days but thanks to vets and regumate and a few other things she's now at 325 (ish) days. saturday everything relaxed behind, she's bagged up and began pacing the stable. Last night she was quiet, let's see what tonight brings.......good luck everyone :D

mynutmeg

Visit site
Good luck aregona, pics are de required :D
Between all of ours and tessy bear I think I'm driving everyone around me mad with foally talk

aregona

Visit site
So how is everyones mares doing today? Any signs? Sally Ann has settled right down again......she's just adamant I'm not going to sleep for the next few Weeks!

Fools Motto

Visit site
One of our mares waxed up 2 days ago, and is now streaming milk. She is mighty uncomfortable and is keeping everyone up. She will have it tonight as I'm not on duty!! :rolleyes: She is about a week overdue.
The other mare, who is now 2 days over has a large bag, and very slack behind, but no wax. Wait to see what awaits me in the morning!

Good luck for everyone and heres hoping all the mares have healthy little spindles!! :D

ps - photos are a must - HHO law!