It's raining and I'm a bad mother

Chambon

www.picturetrail.com
Ok, who's rushing out in the wet and the dark to get their nags in?

It's peeing it down and has been solid for the last couple of hours, all of mine are out and haven't got rugs on... have I rushed out to get them in?

Don't be silly!
shocked.gif
(although am feeling ever so slightly guilty as the rain is smashing down on the conservatory roof right now).

Oaksflight

Visit site
Rain isn't too bad, mine is out without rug on, but he can handle it! He's nearly full up ID, not intending to put his lightweight on til they start coming in on an eve which is end of October if he can handle it!

Tia

Visit site
Do they usually come in and do they usually wear rugs? If not, then you aren't a bad Mummy. I'm sure they will survive
smile.gif

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
They are horses.....most of this pampering is for us,not them. They will be just fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is very true! However, B&H are in - B needs to be in in weather like this, she's not carrying enough weight to stay warm and feed H! H could stay out though - fur ball that he is - but obviously needs to be with his mum
tongue.gif

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
We that's another thirty odd outside here joining yours then!
We have started feeding big bale haylage today so they at least will be stuffed full of food, and we have loads fo shelter from open barns to hedge topped banks..
tell yourself they are horses after all!

kick_On

Visit site
Nar it's still warm
I'm so amazed that around our way some horses haved been rugged nearly all the time. A drop of rain appears and on going rugs.
I've only started this week as my boys are currently both still competeting and i want to keep coat glossly, but in at nite and no rug as barn is soo.. warm.
If weather turn so long as they have shelter and have grazing (or hay put out) they be fine....

miss_bird

Visit site
Oh the joy of autumn its starts to rain and you sit indoors with a lovely fire and glass of wine, then the guilt start oh bless the poor things out there in the rain.
But no they are horses and not a sign of a winter coat yet so its obviously not that cold.