I've been conned

Parkranger

Visit site
I measured the boy yesterday and he's 15.2/15.3 apparently and not 16.2!

I've got a shortarse blind horse
mad.gif

But I still love him
grin.gif

Don't get it as he looks bigger than his boyfriend who's apparently 15.3 (although I think Mangobiscuits in denial - haa haa)

x

burtie

Visit site
A lot of people seem to over-estimate their horse by 1 or 2 inches, mostly because they've never actually measured them. Also remember that shoes add around 1/2 an inch in height.
smile.gif

welshcobabe

Visit site
Well I have the oppisite problem my lad was bought at 15.1 me been a little short person he was big enough however after a year at welshcobabe mansions he has grown, stick now has him at 15.3 and a bit ! Going to need two milk crates to get on at this rate.

Kelly1982

Visit site
I brought my horse as a 16.2hh!!

She is much bigger than my old horse who was that height though (i measured him) and i have had loads of people tell me they reckon she is about 17hh!! I wouldn't mind but she is still growing
crazy.gif

Anyone got a measuring stick i could borrow
grin.gif

JAK

Visit site
I nearly didn't go to see LBO as he was advertised as 12.2hh (had done a lot of lead rein classes at local shows etc.) & I thought he would be 'too small' for what I wanted.............he is dead on 13hh!
shocked.gif

Gingernags

Visit site
I do think they shrink mind! We sold Byter as 16hh - which she was under a stick, shod, at the time - she was 6. Asti at 3 was 15.1 again with shoes.

Now Byter is 15.2 using a different stick, Asti officially measured at 14.3 &1/2 (without shoes)

I'm not convinced all measuring sticks are right!!!!
grin.gif

Any comeback on the vets yet missing the sight issue?

Happy Bird

community.webshots.com
I bought my mare as 16 hands but last time I measured her she was almost 16.2 hh (I'm 5'3") - she has grown like mad (from 6' to 6'6 rug - very expensive!!!) despite being 5 years old when I bought her.

Kelly - you can borrow my stick if you want - I'm near you aren't I ?

monstermunch

Visit site
I thought my boy was 16.2. he turns out to actually be 17hh. Unfortunately for me I'm a short arse. the expression "pea on a mountain" springs to mind!
grin.gif

Parkranger

Visit site
Not when you haven't ridden for 15 years, not been around many 'big' horses since you came back into riding and the last horse you had was 15.2.......to be he looks the same size as my 15.2 was to me when I was 12......ie bigger than 15.2

Most people in the yard think he's 16.2 also so I'm not really sure if the tape was correct......

Unless he's shrunk since I brought him (these were taken about 4 months ago) http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/bada...mgAnch=imgAnch7

Oaksflight

Visit site
Ditto about the tapes! They say mine is 16hh but he is infact 16.1hh.

Theres a livery at mine that thought theirs was 16.1hh, in fact she's about 17.1hh. Think it was something to do with yo saying nothing over 17hh.

Parkranger

Visit site
Not being funny but if you'd brought a horse that you found out was blind, you'd start to get fed up that he was short aswell! Obviously if I want to event him one day (only at novice level, but still) the height obviously helps.

I think it's annoying because by judgement I thought he looked over 16HH and from what JM7 is saying, I might still be right.......

kick_On

Visit site
mmmm disagress about having big horse to event., I know lots very good horse that can do novice tracks on small horse, and compete well - you problably know but for eventing you need boldness

But i defo be more miffed about blindness issue than height

I use a stick for height as tapes a can be wobble??

Parkranger

Visit site
I suppose if we do well I'd like to progress with him hence the height thing. I'm sure he's about 16hh or a little taller...but we'll see when I get the stick!

He's quite a bold horse but has to be taken into the jumps straight or he can't see them! x