I've been conned

S_N

Visit site
TBH the height issue and how far you get up the ladder eventing shouldbe totally unrelated - Headley Brittania (recent Burghley winner) is only about 15.2hh. And the winner of Blenheim was a titchy horse too!

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
I know its not exactly the same, but would rather ride a small horse over fences any day. They are much more likely to find a stride, the best jumper of a fence I have ever ridden was 15.2hh. Its a lot easier for a small horse to go long, then it is for a big one to go short.

mangobiscuit

Visit site
Mahaaaa - I was gonna measure Finni JUST to shut Kat up - she is convinced he is "waaaaay bigger than 15.3"
crazy.gif

Riiiiiight.

Yes Fin is a pony who's legs grew too much. He also has extremely high withers - if you stand Fin and Molly together, their bums are very similar height but Fin's withers are way higher!! Odd.

Parkranger

Visit site
I just can't believe he's smaller than Finni though.....very strange. I'm going to get a measuring stick tomorrow as it's annoying me now! haa haa

Also, when I had that lesson before I got Ty I sprung easily onto the 15.2 I was riding - Ty was a skinny sod and I still needed a block....mmmm, the plot thickens! x