Ive been toying with the idea of putting Tommy on loan, but there is

Colleen_Miss_Tom

Somewhere in Ireland up north to the west abit , t
Visit site
another idea has come up , Tommy is currently up at a riding school being worked for 2 weeks , just with the way things are at the minute , I dont have the time of day , I was thinking of putting him out on loan over the winter, The lady that owns the riding school has suggested her possibly taking him out on loan for the riding school , Shes a lovely lady , I also used to work for her and well the riding school is spotless, ponies are well cared for , never over worked, Bhs approved and well just a lovely yard . Hes already done 3 lessons since monday which isnt alot at all, basically doing lead rein and then for some of the kids that can jump .

So pros and cons please from you good folk on what I can expect if this situation was to go ahead ....

carys220

Visit site
Hhhmmm....a tough one, it would be a good thing that he's being worked but personally I wouldn't want lots of different learning kids riding a young pony.

The lady sounds lovely though and if it's quite near to you then you can go and visit him often.

Colleen_Miss_Tom

Visit site
Well thats what I thought too , but it really is no different to tiarnan though lol , Tommy has learned tiarnan how to ride, he didnt know anything .

I know if I said to this particular lady that I only wanted kids that where on the lead rein and experienced kids to just ride him and no in between kids , She would stick with that , shes great that way .

Hmmm what to do .

carys220

Visit site
(he can jolly over to me for the winter)
grin.gif

I'm sorry, I know that doesn't help!

EquestrianFairy

Visit site
he MAY start to dislike school work (having spending alot of his time in the school if staying at riding school) i used to ride a pony that went to a very good riding school for a few months but if you tried to take him in the menage at home he disliked it and turned very sour at school work. My friend also did the same and found her pony (young like yours) became very dead to leg and mouth from children pony kicking it and pulling too much, just purely children learning!

JM07

Visit site
i think thats very kind of you, offering the little kids a nice pony to ride.

they have to learn on something dont they?

just get a decent contract set up and visit when possible...

i wouldn't let any of his tack go with him if its decent though...it may well come back a little unkept!!!

stormyhorse

Visit site
I used to ride my aunties ony as he was really naughty. When I grew out of him she had no one to ride him. When she went to her local riding school for a lesson the women suggested he went there and she hasnt had one regret since.
He is ridden once or twice a day, competes in little shows at the weekend and has even taken one hunting.
I think if it works for you it is a really good idea.

Colleen_Miss_Tom

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
he MAY start to dislike school work (having spending alot of his time in the school if staying at riding school) i used to ride a pony that went to a very good riding school for a few months but if you tried to take him in the menage at home he disliked it and turned very sour at school work. My friend also did the same and found her pony (young like yours) became very dead to leg and mouth from children pony kicking it and pulling too much, just purely children learning!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what Im very much afraid of , Hes only been there since monday and there is kids fighting over him already
blush.gif
crazy.gif
, I arrived up today as tiarnan was having a lesson on him and there was 2 little girls that had been riding him yesterday , they have another lesson tomorrow and one has ended up in tears because they cant get riding tommy
blush.gif

I've just had another reply from a lady who seen my ad and seems very keen, shes abroad at the minute and is wanting to come up and see him on the 4th of sept . So We shall see what happens there I suppose .

Thanks folks x